Tim Tim is offline

Default Treatment of Females - Does this meet your approval, Krause?

On Friday, November 29, 2013 11:28:27 AM UTC-6, John H. wrote:

Tim, the spoofer can't keep his spoofs straight.

Again, thanks for correcting the dip****. Russel Moore is not the leader of Christians, nor did he

write the Bible. Maybe he's just a ****ty interpreter or an outlier like Jeremiah Wright or the

'Rev' Jesse Jackson - both outliers and racists.

John H. -- Hope you're having a great day!

Good observation...
Tim Tim is offline

On Friday, November 29, 2013 11:05:47 AM UTC-6, John H. wrote:
On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 10:11:27 -0500, John H.

wrote:

On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 05:53:53 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

On Friday, November 29, 2013 7:32:47 AM UTC-6, John H's spoofer wrote:

He said, "... the Bible instructed Christian women to be subservient

to their husbands, ..."

So, I don't see a lot of philosophical separation between some Muslims

and some Christians. Both of them are Neanderthal.

The scripture doesn't say to be 'sub--servient' it talks about respect to both husband and wife... Sorry you can't or at least don't want to see that.

Ephesians 5:22-33

New International Version (NIV)

22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing[a] her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife

loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but

they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church� 30

for we are members of his body. 31 �For this reason a man will leave

his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will

become one flesh.�[b] 32 This is a profound mystery�but I am talking

about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must

love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her

husband.

Thanks for correcting the dip****, Tim!

Tim, first of all, your messages are not being sent through the

servers.

I'm replying to you through this message because both you and John apparently can't read.

Er... "which "John" am I replying to?

I posted: "Southern Baptist Convention's Russell Moore's" words, not

mine. If you have a theological beef it is with the Baptist

Convention, not me.

John H. -- Hope you're having a great day!

I take it you posted that screed so there would be a theological beef, otherwise you would have probably by-passed it...

On 11/29/13, 8:53 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

King James Version (KJV)

22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head
of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be
to their own husbands in every thing.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and
gave himself for it;

The quote is very clear...that wives must *submit* to their husbands.
*Submit* does not mean the same thing as "respect," as you are trying to
claim here. You are making a bull**** claim. Submit means being
subservient.

"The husband is the head of the wife..."

What do you think that means? It means the wife is to do as she is told
by her husband. This same sort of religious bull**** was used to keep
women from owning property from thousands of years and to keep them from
having the vote.

--
Religion: together we can find the cure.
Banned

On Friday, November 29, 2013 10:52:22 AM UTC-5, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 11/29/13, 8:53 AM, Tim wrote:

[...]

Just like your little; concubine, Donnie.

On 11/29/13, 8:53 AM, Tim wrote:

[...]

Hey Dickson, didn't hear you bragging about your OctoberFest polka playin' gig this year.
Did the good folks in Kitchener finally wise up and find a band that could play and look decent for family entertainment?

On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 09:29:13 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

On Friday, 29 November 2013 11:55:02 UTC-4, wrote:
On Friday, November 29, 2013 10:52:22 AM UTC-5, F.O.A.D. wrote:

snipped

Just like your little; concubine, Donnie.

Hey Dickson, didn't hear you bragging about your OctoberFest polka playin' gig this year.
Did the good folks in Kitchener finally wise up and find a band that could play and look decent for family entertainment?

Hey Squirt!!

Wazzup? More derogatory comments, I see. Are you pretending to be 'brave' for us? A 'brave' person
with a set of gonads would answer questions when he brings up his bull****.

Is it dark up there?

On Friday, November 29, 2013 12:29:13 PM UTC-5, True North wrote:

Hey Dickson, didn't hear you bragging about your OctoberFest polka playin' gig this year.

Did the good folks in Kitchener finally wise up and find a band that could play and look decent for family entertainment?

I've been paid . It was great.

Then, there's next year.

On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 10:52:22 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 11/29/13, 8:53 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Submit : accept or yield to a superior force or to the authority or will of another person.

Yielding to the authority of a husband does not mean 'being a servant' of the husband. In this
country we have learned to treat men and women as equals. But, it is still very common for the man
of the house to be the decision-maker when it comes to the big ticket items, such as signing
contracts, buying or selling property, etc.

Your attempt to make Christians as demeaning to women as Muslims is pure dog ****. Perhaps the lil'
squirt will lick it up, but most folks know better.

When I'm walking with my wife, we're side-by-side, holding hands. When my Muslim friends down the
block are walking, the wife is five yards behind the husband. I've never seen a Christian couple
walk that way. Have you? (Never mind, I'm sure you've seen thousands. After all, you're Krause.)

John H. -- Hope you're having a great day!

Tim Tim is offline

On Friday, November 29, 2013 9:52:22 AM UTC-6,
The quote is very clear...that wives must *submit* to their husbands.

*Submit* does not mean the same thing as "respect," as you are trying to

claim here. You are making a bull**** claim. Submit means being

subservient.

"The husband is the head of the wife..."

What do you think that means? It means the wife is to do as she is told

You ar3e obviously thinking that 'subjective' is another term for being a 'slave' which is clearly not representitive of the scripture. but you can believe that if you wish.

But speaking of; If that turuly is your way of thinking would this be alright if we changed the wording a bit?

" Citizens, submit yourselves unto your government, as unto the current administration.

For the government is the head of the citizens, even as the administration is the head of the government: and it is the saviour of the body."

subservient? Yeah, I suppose that really *IS* what the term means!

uh-huh.

On 11/29/13, 6:12 PM, Tim wrote:
On Friday, November 29, 2013 9:52:22 AM UTC-6,
The quote is very clear...that wives must *submit* to their husbands.

*Submit* does not mean the same thing as "respect," as you are trying to

claim here. You are making a bull**** claim. Submit means being

subservient.

"The husband is the head of the wife..."

What do you think that means? It means the wife is to do as she is told

You ar3e obviously thinking that 'subjective' is another term for being a 'slave' which is clearly not representitive of the scripture. but you can believe that if you wish.

I think the meaning of the word "submit" in the context of that word as
used in your bible is pretty clear. It means, as the OED says, "to place
oneself under the control of a person in authority or power; to become
subject, surrender oneself, or yield to a person or his rule."

That is the *first* definition given in the OED. The second and third
definitions are pretty much the same.

The etymology of the word "submit" with many references predates the
King James Bible, so the meaning of the word was well-known to the
literate hundreds of years prior to that translation and compilation.
Plus, there are plenty of contemporary religious writers who have
offered up definitions of that phrase, and they all pretty much have the
same meaning...that the "husband is the boss, and the wife must do his
bidding in all things." All, of course, except the christian apologists,
who spend their time trying to misinterpret the meanings of fairly
simple and well-understood words.

Women were and, sadly, are second-class citizens, "scripture" says, to
be ruled by men. Just add that to the many reasons why a growing number
of educated "christian" women are not "obeying" what their churches tell
them to do in this regard.

Your objection is just another example of how christians use their bible
to back up whatever they think it means.

--
Religion: together we can find the cure.

Approval ratings not the best... John H[_11_] General 132 December 21st 09 12:59 AM
Water Treatment Jobs | Water Treatment Supplies | Wastewater Plant H2 Find General 0 December 2nd 09 06:59 AM
Lifesling2 approval Tamaroak General 0 February 26th 06 06:32 AM
Lifesling2 approval Tamaroak Cruising 0 February 26th 06 06:32 AM
MORE Angry White Females. Bertie the Bunyip ASA 0 July 31st 03 05:00 AM