Default New iPhone...

On 11/5/2013 11:36 AM, Hank© wrote:
On 11/5/2013 12:28 PM, Charlemagne wrote:
On 11/5/2013 11:16 AM, Hank© wrote:
On 11/5/2013 8:37 AM, Charlemagne wrote:
On 11/5/2013 8:23 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 11/5/2013 8:17 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article , says...

On 11/4/2013 8:42 PM, Charlemagne wrote:
On 11/4/2013 8:12 PM, Earl wrote:
F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 11/2/13, 11:24 PM, Charlemagne wrote:
On 11/2/2013 10:48 PM, Earl wrote:
Hank© wrote:
On 11/1/2013 3:53 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
My cell service provider is offering a $300 trade in
against a
new
iPhone for iPhone 5's, so, despite my saying I would ignore
the
5S, I
made "the jump" earlier today. I was motivated by the fact
that my
11-year-old iPod was in the process of giving up the ghost
and I
thought
a larger memory iPhone would hold the 20 GB of music I
like to
carry
around. The larger memory capacity iPhone 5S fits the
bill. It
ended up
costing me $30 out of pocket with my trade-in. Not bad.

The 5S is exactly the same size as the 5, physically, and
has a
fingerprint sensor to allow user access. I won't be using
that...too
techie for my taste. It supposedly is faster because of a
newer
processor, but I haven't had it long enough to notice any
differences.

Comes in three colors now...a goldtone, grey-black and silver
white.
The
latter was the only color in stock.

Oh rats. I just bought my first Android phone. I should have
waited
for this months latest greatest Apple thing-a-ma-jig.
Next week it will be a report about his new top-of-the-line
toaster.
Amazing stuff from a guy who refuses to pay his taxes.

Yup, those of us who are working hard to pay our back debts,
can't
afford IPhones... He really should be trying to pay back the
individuals
and small businessmen and women he ripped off in Florida before
he ran
out and hid all of his assets...

There are latest model iPhones available that cost no more than
other
popular smart phones, and Verizon, at least, doesn't give a damn
what
smartphone you have...the cost of service is determine by the
package
you want. I got my new iPhone for $30 out of pocket.

You can get a new iPhone 4S for ninety-nine cents with a two year
contract. I think you can get an unlimited talk, unlimited
message,
and a GB of data for around $100 a month and that would be the
same
for any smart phone you choose.

Complete bull****... I have a (much cheaper) smart phone Sansung s3
with
unlimited data, text and 1200 mins a month for 45 dollars a
month...
You
pay a lot more just for that IPhone service and you know it... If
you
went to Verison, you could pay back, er, I mean hide from the
Judge,
another 5-600 a year.. But you gotta' have your toy.. we get it....

Ooops, I mean Virgin Mobile.... not Verison..

Some people need a phone that will work when and where they want, not
just near one of Virgin's far flung antennas.

Few towers are actually owned by a cell phone service provider. Most
are owned by companies who lease blocks of channels to service
providers. One tower may be handling calls via Sprint, Verizon and
Virgin Mobile simultaneously.

Well, I am sure I am probably the only one here who lives a lot of
their
life away from civilization and towers.. Just the logistics of our
sport
puts us out of range lots of times.. harry doesn't go camping in the
bood docks, he just likes his IPhone toy.... My S3 still does
everything
my wife's phone does, for a lot less money...

My $8.33 per month plan Didn't work too well in parts of Iowa. Should I
switch?

Did you need it in Iowa or did you just need your hand held toy to make
you feel superior? LOL!

I sure did.

Well then.. Change your plan. If you really need total coverage you
probably need to upgrade to a Satellite phone, very expensive...

Quite frankly, I know my phone has limited coverage compared to others,
I see them using their Verizon phones at the tracks we get no service..
But I am still old school, and when I am planning on weekends there, I
plan like I would have 20 years ago, and plan on being "on my own" with
no phone service. If I know I will need service "out there" I bring our
Verizon "bug" and that gives me full Verizon data service for my
computer and smart phone... We keep that mostly for when our cable
service goes out at home, and Cox cable sucks so it gets used....

On 11/5/13, 12:55 PM, Charlemagne wrote:

Quite frankly, I know my phone has limited coverage compared to others,
I see them using their Verizon phones at the tracks we get no service..
But I am still old school, and when I am planning on weekends there, I
plan like I would have 20 years ago, and plan on being "on my own" with
no phone service. If I know I will need service "out there" I bring our
Verizon "bug" and that gives me full Verizon data service for my
computer and smart phone... We keep that mostly for when our cable
service goes out at home, and Cox cable sucks so it gets used....

Yeah, I "bring" my iPhone and Verizon service and if I find myself at a
place where I need to use my laptop and there is no wi-fi, I simply turn
on my "personal hotspot" on my phone and connect it to my laptop via
wi-fi. The "personal hotspot" takes the Verizon data service, assuming
there is that service present, and converts it to a wi-fi signal for my
laptop.

I use this service at airports, typically, where there either is no
wi-fi or there is an hourly charge for it. The "personal hotspot"
service comes with my Verizon plan at no additional charge.

--
Religion: together we can find the cure.

On Tue, 5 Nov 2013 09:55:52 -0500, iBoaterer wrote:

I have a relative that
installs various antennas on these towers, tunes them, etc.

===

Dangerous work by all reports, hope he takes all possible safety
precautions.

HankĀ© wrote:
On 11/1/2013 3:53 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
[...]

I just checked the "coverage map" for Virgin Mobile in my area. It's not
quite up to the "spotty" standard. Apparently there is light coverage on
one side of the main north-side highway and virtually none on the other side.

Virgin may be good coverage for his area. Sprint where I live is pretty
bad in San Francisco. I had ATT and went to Verizon, for more money,
because we would lose cell in front of the house, but back of the house was
OK. Lose coverage driving down the hill. Great cell coverage with
Verizon. Funny part of the ATT coverage, is their Western Corporate
headquarters are here in Pleasanton.

HankĀ© wrote:
On 11/1/2013 3:53 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
[...]

And you want a very healthy income, own the tower site! The owner if the
highest hill in Alamo, CA gets $100k a month from the tower.

HankĀ© wrote:
On 11/1/2013 3:53 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
[...]

When we first moved to this part of Maryland, I had AT&T, which had been
pretty good in the close in DC metro area, but it was awful out here.
Because of that, I was able to get AT&T to cancel my contract, and I
switched to Verizon, which is pretty good in this "boonies," and also in
the DC metro area. Sprint is the best provider out by the Shenandoah. My
buddy with Spring can get cell coverage just about everywhere out there,
while my Verizon fades into nothingness outside of the town limits
unless I am on a hilltop.

Perhaps YOU need a satellite phone. You are such an important member of
society; you must stay connected. ;-)

In article 650530178405360862.279297bmckeenospam-
, says...

Hank© wrote:
On 11/1/2013 3:53 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
[...]

This guy actually buys the land (cheap in the area) and builds the
tower. After that, they come to him to rent space on it!

Apple's new iPhone 5S and IOS 7... F.O.A.D. General 24 September 15th 13 12:38 PM
iPhone Jailbreak... ESAD General 155 February 8th 13 05:26 PM
To iphone or not to iphone Frogwatch[_2_] General 16 May 4th 10 09:58 PM
AIS iPhone App... Bob Cruising 2 November 16th 09 03:10 AM
Got an iPhone? AIS in your pocket! Larry Electronics 2 June 30th 09 06:03 AM