Default What the 'ell??

In article , says...

On 12/30/2012 7:56 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 19:36:43 -0500, ESAD wrote:

On 12/30/12 6:52 PM,
wrote:
Looks like things are getting crazier by the minute down there...
http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity...-shooting.html

It'll be interesting to see what happens when the first sort of trained
teacher ends up shooting a kid "by sccident."

Hey, this is the United States. Rather than deal with the issues, we arm
teacher.

We arm everybody that is truly expected to protect and defend. Now,
that responsibility falls to those people acting in loco parentis.

Deal with the issues? There is no squishy idealism debate of issues.
This is about crazy armed people looking for a soft underbelly and
finding it among unprotected children. This isn't necessarily about
guns, either. Other countries are having the same problem with crazies
employing knives, machetes, and hatchets to eviscerate and hack off
school children's body parts.

It is already legal for teachers in Utah to carry. I applaud them for
seeking further training in pursuit of protect the children and fellow
employees.

"Issues", **** that. the only issue to address is the crazy mother with
the gun and the best way to "deal" with that issue, is with somebody who
is not crazy, with a gun... If a teacher goes nuts what makes anybody
think they will wait till it's legal for them to carry? Oh right, this
is progressives making a point, there is only one side for them.

You are ASSuming that the teacher(s) carrying the gun is mentally
stable, when in fact the teacher(s) could be just as "crazy" (to use a
low life term) as the shooters. Do you automatically think that because
someone is a teacher that they are mentally stable?

In article ,
says...

On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 20:08:50 -0500, JustWait
wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Oh, wait, you keep saying I'm a progressive! What side was that? Oh,
never mind. Please continue arguing with yourself, it is entertaining,
at least.

He says the same about me. I AM 'progressive', I'd rather see us move
FORWARD as a country in technology, mental programs, etc. but because of
such, the fool thinks I'm completely "liberal" just because I don't tow
the FOX party line.

In article ,
says...

On 12/30/12 10:53 PM,
wrote:

wrote:
[...]

An interesting thing is I have not heard about any shootings in Utah.
I googled Utah Shooting and I got this story, one story about a drug
raid and a ****load of stories and ads for places to shoot.

Maybe those Mormons are too scary to start up any **** with.

Utah is among the 12 lowest states for murder rate, but it doesn't do so
well with other crimes of violence, such as forcible rape.

The WordPerfect Corporation was located in Utah and produced a fine
product. Then it was sold, and the product deteriorated. I can't recall
anything else "manmade" about Utah I find interesting. The mormon church
is not interesting to me.

Florida is a state where most people go to reduce their taxes. Is that
why you moved their and became a tax cheat?

In article ,
says...

wrote:
[...]

So are you ASSuming that the teachers toting guns to school will be any
more mentally stable than the general population of the U.S. where the
shooters have come from?

In article , says...

wrote:
[...]

Mormons are thieves, not killers...

Well, no more so than the general population of the U.S., but not any
less so, either.

On Monday, December 31, 2012 8:58:58 AM UTC-4, iBoaterer wrote:
In article ,

says...

Looks like things are getting crazier by the minute down there...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity...-shooting.html

What is YOUR solution?

Disarm the population...with an exception for shotguns and legitimate hunting rifles.

In article 1687839471378624124.639887bmckeenospam-
, says...

ESAD wrote:

wrote:
[...]

WordPerfect screwed up is why the product deteriorated! They ignored the
function keys, and made it harder to work than it should have been. Then
they ignored Windows, and then finally released a crappy bloated product.
Over 26mbyte in size. They lost momentum to MS and Office. Still had the
best spell check of any product. Still better than any present software.
They were sold as they were failing.

I called Word Perfect the arthritis word processor. Most people's
fingers couldn't twist and turn to enable them to use all of the
"functions" and "macros."

On 12/31/2012 9:31 AM, wrote:
On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 08:05:31 -0500, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:
[...]

No, you are ASSuming that these teachers wouldn't get more scrutiny and
training than "the general population"? Stupid, or dishonest? Anyway,
just like pilots who carry, they are trained and watched more carefully.
And as the poster below noted, most of these shooters are not "part of
the general society". Like alcoholics or heroin addicts almost across
the board these folks are withdrawn and basically non-functional in
society. Fired from jobs, living in some fantasy world somewhere... not
working at teachers and continuing training in firearms use and safety...

So, you think the shooters are representative of the general
population? Interesting logic, that.

He hasn't thought it that far ahead... to do so may mean he changes his
opinion and progressives are opposed to that, afraid they won't be
welcome at the parties anymore

Who else comes from the general population?

In article ,
says...

wrote:
[...]

Yes, the shooters came from the general population of the U.S. That's
where everyone else comes from, INCLUDING teachers.

On 12/31/2012 8:32 AM, wrote:
On Monday, December 31, 2012 8:58:58 AM UTC-4, iBoaterer wrote:
In article ,

says...

Looks like things are getting crazier by the minute down there...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity...-shooting.html

What is YOUR solution?

Disarm the population...with an exception for shotguns and legitimate hunting rifles.

You think like Harold. Ain't gonna happen.

What the 'ell! Don White General 33 May 5th 09 02:13 PM
What the 'ell is goin' on in Connecticut? Don White General 11 December 20th 07 12:13 PM
W'ell all need thicker foul weather jackets Ellen MacArthur ASA 18 September 25th 06 09:34 PM
W'ell all need thicker foul weather jackets John W. Bienko ASA 1 September 24th 06 03:56 PM
O/T - US going to *ell in a handbasket! Don White General 5 September 11th 04 10:20 PM