Default What the 'ell??

On 1/2/2013 9:19 AM, ESAD wrote:
On 1/2/13 8:54 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article ,
says...

On 1/1/13 7:49 PM, JustWait wrote:
On 1/1/2013 7:15 PM, BAR wrote:
In article ,
says...

On 1/1/13 12:59 PM, JustWait wrote:
On 1/1/2013 12:32 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 11:37:17 -0500, JustWait
wrote:

On 12/31/2012 11:12 AM, JustWait wrote:

Quite frankly I think the training should be based on the
training a
rookie Police Officer comes in with... This might mean a couple
years of
night school, but if you are going to have armed anybody in the
schools
I think they need all the tools of conflict resolution, physical
ability, tactical awareness, etc that a fully trained Police
Officer
has.

Why do we think there is something wonderful about the training
cops
have?

Because a lot of their training is directed at exactly the type of
incursion we are talking about here...

Remember last summer the cops in New York shot 11 innocent
bystanders,
taking down one suspect. They weren't even rookies.

It called "the fog of war"... it was terrible, but it happened.
Hey, I
hear a plane crashed once, maybe we just shouldn't fly either...

Do you think a bunch of untrained civilians would do any better? In
fact, can you give me one identifiable group that you think would be
better suited for such duty?

I think it would be better if we kept armed people of every kind away
from our public schools.

I'd rather we spend that sort of money, or a good portion of it on:

1. Licensing gun owners and guns, and that includes all current gun
owners and their firearms. Licensing to include a mandatory safety
course and demonstration of knowledge at a licensed firing range.

2. No private sales of firearms without a legal paper trail.

3. Drastically increased funding for community mental health
screening
and services.

4. Outlawing of firearms that can accommodate more than 10 rounds
in a
magazine, and required turning in or permanent modification of
existing
firearms.

5. Educational programs in the public schools that teach children
how to
resolve conflict without "going Scotty."

Is that why you live so far away from a school?

He lives that far because Harry Krause is a convicted sexual
predator...
back in Florida where he used to live...

Still projecting, hey, little boy-man? Oh, there are two public schools
and one church school in our immediate area, within walking distance if
there were sidewalks.

You can't walk anywhere unless there is sidewalks? Figures.

Do you have to work extra hard at being stupid or does it come naturally?

To walk to the three schools in our immediate area, you'd have to walk
on the side of several state roads, one of which is a very narrow
two-laner with lots of blind spots and the other with heavy traffic
during rush hour. For different reasons, both roads are dangerous for
pedestrians.

That's why the county runs school buses to pick up the kids, even though
their schools are within easy walking distance.

How do you manage to ride your bicycle and Duc. motorbike on those
dangerous roads?

In article om,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Those are another of his fairy tales.

On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 18:31:38 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 14:51:45 -0500, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 12:02:02 -0500, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 09:49:48 -0500, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 08:05:31 -0500, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 19:56:46 -0500,
wrote:

On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 19:36:43 -0500, ESAD wrote:

On 12/30/12 6:52 PM,
wrote:
Looks like things are getting crazier by the minute down there...
http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity...-shooting.html

It'll be interesting to see what happens when the first sort of trained
teacher ends up shooting a kid "by sccident."

Hey, this is the United States. Rather than deal with the issues, we arm
teacher.

We arm everybody that is truly expected to protect and defend. Now,
that responsibility falls to those people acting in loco parentis.

Deal with the issues? There is no squishy idealism debate of issues.
This is about crazy armed people looking for a soft underbelly and
finding it among unprotected children. This isn't necessarily about
guns, either. Other countries are having the same problem with crazies
employing knives, machetes, and hatchets to eviscerate and hack off
school children's body parts.

It is already legal for teachers in Utah to carry. I applaud them for
seeking further training in pursuit of protect the children and fellow
employees.

An interesting thing is I have not heard about any shootings in Utah.
I googled Utah Shooting and I got this story, one story about a drug
raid and a ****load of stories and ads for places to shoot.

Maybe those Mormons are too scary to start up any **** with.

So are you ASSuming that the teachers toting guns to school will be any
more mentally stable than the general population of the U.S. where the
shooters have come from?

So, you think the shooters are representative of the general
population? Interesting logic, that.

Who else comes from the general population?

Yes, the shooters came from the general population of the U.S. That's
where everyone else comes from, INCLUDING teachers.

So, you are drawing specifics from the widest possible generality?

You don't think that a teacher can go off like anyone else might be
capable of?

What if this teacher, who until this time was just fine, was allowed to
carry a gun??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODbAHqn_qmo

Or this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NLQkTfKosY

Or this one:

http://sitchnews.com/3774/teachers-g...s-during-math-
class

What if schools sent students that were making the teachers go crazy
to reform schools instead?

Oh, so all mental health problems of teachers comes from the students,
eh?

No. Mental health problems of teachers come from students, sorry-ass
parents that won't parent, and impotent administrators trying to be
politicians.

Yup. What he said.Been there, done that 'til I got sick of it.

wrote:
[...]

Not nearly as sick as your non-white students got of you, I'd bet.

On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 15:43:18 -0500, ESAD wrote:

On 12/31/12 2:33 PM, GuzzisRule wrote:
On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 10:02:40 -0500, ESAD wrote:

On 12/31/12 8:32 AM, wrote:
On Monday, December 31, 2012 8:58:58 AM UTC-4, iBoaterer wrote:
In article ,

says...

Looks like things are getting crazier by the minute down there...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity...-shooting.html

What is YOUR solution?

Disarm the population...with an exception for shotguns and legitimate hunting rifles.

Too rational for the lunatics in this country.

How would you 'disarm the population' in DC and Anacostia, ESAD?

I'd send all the useless, militaristic, racist old farts like you into
the neighborhoods and order you to go door to door on a weapons seizure
mission.

That would probably be your best shot at success.

On 1/2/13 1:22 PM, GuzzisRule wrote:
On Tue, 01 Jan 2013 12:44:17 -0500, ESAD wrote:

On 1/1/13 12:37 PM, wrote:

wrote:

Disarm the population...with an exception for shotguns and legitimate hunting rifles.

Too rational for the lunatics in this country.

How would you 'disarm the population' in DC and Anacostia, ESAD?

They must have already been disarmed. Owning a handgun has been
illegal in DC since 1968 (unless it was registered at that time) and
long guns are heavily regulated. This should be the safest city in the
country.

I proposed a plan. The plan was to round up all the useless old racist
right-wing farts like Herring and send them into the tough neighborhoods
in DC to knock on doors and insist on having the occupants turn over
their firearms.

My plan:

1. Provides honest work for the old-fart right wingers.
2. Might result in some of the old farts being terminated, an event that
would cut down on the number of racists *and* the CO2 they emit.
3. Might get some firearms out of the hands of those who might not be
legally entitled to have them.

Such duties might help people like Herring atone for the horrors they
visited upon SE Asia.

And it's about the only thing that would work.

There's gotta be a sign-up sheet somewhere for you.

On a serious note, I support:

Federal licensing of all firearms owners, federal registration of all
firearms. No licensing without proof of passage of a serious firearms
training course.

No sales or trades of firearms without filing of a simple federal document.

No sales of mags or clips that can hold more than 10 rounds, no
possession of mags or clips that can hold more than 10 rounds, with a
180 day turn in period for such items.

In article ,
says...

wrote:
[...]

So, those are the ONLY reasons that a teacher would have a mental health
problem huh?

What the 'ell! Don White General 33 May 5th 09 02:13 PM
What the 'ell is goin' on in Connecticut? Don White General 11 December 20th 07 12:13 PM
W'ell all need thicker foul weather jackets Ellen MacArthur ASA 18 September 25th 06 09:34 PM
W'ell all need thicker foul weather jackets John W. Bienko ASA 1 September 24th 06 03:56 PM
O/T - US going to *ell in a handbasket! Don White General 5 September 11th 04 10:20 PM