Default For my good fundie friends...

In article , says...

On 7/12/2012 10:12 AM, Eisboch wrote:

"X ` Man" wrote in message

On 7/12/12 9:36 AM, Eisboch wrote:

"X ` Man" wrote in message

On 7/12/12 8:51 AM, Eisboch wrote:

"X ` Man" wrote in message
m...

On 7/12/12 7:35 AM, BAR wrote:
In article ,
lid says...

On 7/7/2012 7:31 AM, Oscar wrote:
On 7/6/2012 10:45 PM, thumper wrote:
On 7/5/2012 4:45 PM, BAR wrote:

It's all about what caused the big bang. If you take the
chair-bound guy
in England's view then you believe that it just happened. Hothing
was
there before, it just happened.

There was no 'before'. Time is a property/dimension of the
universe.

There has to be a before. Who lit the fuse? The big bang didn't just
happen.

Why not? Explain what causes quantum fluctuation.

We know the effect, we don't know the cause.

So, then, why *assume* some sort of "god" was involved. Why, because it
is just another example of man trying to explain away what he doesn't
know via religious belief. Superstition.

The problem with the "quantum fluctuation" answer is that by it's own
rules,
something had to exist before the Big Bang to have a quantum fluctuation
*in*
(thereby causing the Big Bang)

"What" that "something" is or was is the key to the next step in
understanding
the mystery that surrounds us ... assuming of course that we all actual
exist.

I'm sure about me...but...are you more than a collection of electrons
here?

Seriously, though (ha), the inability of man to know with certainly of
the existence of a creator is reason enough to be agnostic. We believe
such will remain unknown or unknowable and thus, our skepticism.

It's ironic to me that so many religious fundamentalists deny evolution
when so much of what they believe is the result of the evolution of
religion itself.

Ancient humans didn't have the scientific evidence and knowledge
that we have today but I think they had inquiring minds and intelligence.
Without the scientific evidence it is perfectly understandable to me
that various "creators" were envisioned with an evolution and
embellishment of stories over the centuries. The fact is, there is
still no answer of how all this came to be. I have no problem with
those of "faith" who believe in a God or Creator. It's still as good
of an answer as any scientific theory, so far. The stories of course
are a little far-fetched, but it's part of the faith of the believers.

If we survive another 1000 years (which is doubtful) imagine how
our descendants will view our current beliefs and/or scientific
evidence.

I don't disagree. And my "problem" with religion is not that people
believe in a creator...it's that many of them try to shovel their
religious beliefs onto others or onto society. That's also been the
"problem" with religion since religion's beginnings.

Frankly, I don't see anyone trying to shovel any religious doctrine
down my throat and in the past 3 years I've met more people that
have close to "fundamentalist" views on religion than any other
time in my life. One of the surprising things I learned about
musicians ... and guitar players in particular ... is the large number
of them who play at their church services. I can easily come up
with at least 30 people who frequent the shop weekly who
are involved in this. None have ever tried to impose any religious
beliefs onto me or anyone else that I know of.

I haven't been in a church (for services) since Mrs.E. and I were
married 42 years
ago. Maybe those that know me are concerned that their church would be
hit with a bolt of lightning if I ever showed up.

The whole shoveling it down the throat is a red herring, I can show
example after example of progressive scum, shoving their bull **** down
other peoples children throat...

Bull****.

In article , says...

On 7/13/2012 7:13 AM, Meyer wrote:
On 7/13/2012 6:34 AM, X ` Man wrote:
On 7/12/12 11:54 PM, Tim wrote:
On Jul 12, 10:29 pm, JustWait wrote:
rOn 7/12/2012 8:14 PM, Tim wrote:

On Jul 12, 9:12 am, "Eisboch" wrote:

I haven't been in a church (for services) since Mrs.E. and I were
married 42 years
ago. Maybe those that know me are concerned that their church would
be
hit with a bolt of lightning if I ever showed up.

Nah, at my church you'd be welcome, Richard.

Really, pretty much in any Church really, just the haters won't admit
it.

true, unless it's the westburoians, or the klown's.

Churches are always looking for more acolytes. Even I've been recruited
many times, and I've got to be on the Big List of the last people on
earth who would attend anything at a church beyond a friend's wedding or
funeral service.

There are, however, plenty of churches who don't really welcome gays or
people of color, or even "straight" unmarried couples who are living
together. I do get a kick out of the denominations that preach that
women must be subservient to men. Now, *that* is a hoot.

Churchgoers are your target audience. I wonder why you won't shovel
your crap on their turf. As you say, they have laid out the welcome mat
for you. What are you afraid of.

I love it when harry makes up stories about groups he doesn't like.. The
stereotypes just fly with him...

You wouldn't do that about any particular group right? "Progressives",
"liberals", "left wingers"?? Well, of course you would, you're as
bigoted as Harry.

"X ` Man" wrote in message

On 7/12/12 8:51 AM, Eisboch wrote:

"X ` Man" wrote in message
m...

On 7/12/12 7:35 AM, BAR wrote:
In article ,
lid says...

On 7/5/2012 4:45 PM, BAR wrote:

[...]

Are you saying that progressive scum don't do that?

In article ,
says...

"X ` Man" wrote in message

On 7/12/12 8:51 AM, Eisboch wrote:

"X ` Man" wrote in message
m...

On 7/12/12 7:35 AM, BAR wrote:
In article ,
lid says...

On 7/5/2012 4:45 PM, BAR wrote:

[...]

Bigot.

On 7/5/2012 6:43 AM, X ` Man wrote:
So, the Higgs Boson walks into a fundamentalist church.

The priest says, "We don't allow Higgs Bosons in here.

The Higgs Boson says, "But without me, how can you have mass?"
- - -

No, I won't explain it.

Holy crap, I already have five of your addresses in the crapper, how
many more do you have? PLONK.... again....

On 7/13/12 11:29 AM, JustWait wrote:
On 7/5/2012 6:43 AM, X ` Man wrote:
So, the Higgs Boson walks into a fundamentalist church.

The priest says, "We don't allow Higgs Bosons in here.

The Higgs Boson says, "But without me, how can you have mass?"
- - -

No, I won't explain it.

Holy crap, I already have five of your addresses in the crapper, how
many more do you have? PLONK.... again....

Not as many as you have used here, dumb little ****head.
Sell any tee-shirts today?

Hello All my friends New Embroidery Designs General 27 February 8th 12 06:49 PM
To my FB friends... JustWait General 23 December 21st 11 05:35 AM
For my friends... Spoofer General 6 January 25th 11 04:50 PM
My Friends..... jamesgangnc General 7 October 9th 08 05:52 AM
Good news friends !!!!!!Good news friends !!!!!! [email protected] General 0 May 25th 04 06:25 AM