Default Propane Outboard Motor Anyone?

On Thu, 24 May 2012 17:16:45 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 24 May 2012 16:45:36 -0400, X ` Man
wrote:

On 5/24/12 3:25 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 24 May 2012 14:03:28 -0400, John
wrote:

They seem to use Kahns here, the quarter pound ones. Costco dogs are
bigger than that I think. They come on a hogie roll. One is plenty for
me.
Maybe the Nathans is a northern thing. Both Sams and Costco sell them
but not at the snack bar.

Costco, until recently, sold the Hebrew National 1/4lb'er. Now their selling the Kirkland brand,
same size. I can't tell the difference between the two. Both are great, and, I think, have a better
flavor than the Nathans. But, maybe there's just more salt mixed with the fat. I don't tell my
doctor that I eat 'em. And, I do it only once every couple months.

I haven't looked at the package but Kirkland has been listing the
manufacturer on a lot of their products. It may still be Hebrew
National.

I think virtually all hot dogs have way too much salt but that may
just be me. I usually get the low sodium, low fat Mavericks if I want
a hot dog for me. The kids still like the regular ones. I have a
roller so hot dogs can be too easy. I have to watch myself.

Hebrew National has some lower fat dogs. I've never looked at what
they've done about the salt. The lower fat dogs are pretty good.

Those are usually what I buy for the kids (all beef low fat) but they
are still pretty salty. The mavericks are better for you but they cost
almost as much as sirloin steak.

Have you ever tried turkey dogs? I believe they have about half the sodium of a hot dog. Don't know
what they taste like though.

We've been using ground turkey instead of ground beef with the Hard Times Chile mix. Can hardly tell
the difference.

On Thu, 24 May 2012 19:22:37 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 22 May 2012 23:32:19 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

http://www.golehr.com/

It would certainly eliminate the ethanol/bad fuel problems.

Where onboard does one safely store the propane?

Why not where the gasoline is stored now? Different tank, of course. I've got four 20lb'ers on my
trailer. Doesn't seem to cause anyone a problem until I go under the tunnel at Norfolf or Baltimore.
Then I just have to turn them off.
Tim Tim is offline

On May 22, 10:32*pm, Wayne.B wrote:
http://www.golehr.com/

It would certainly eliminate the ethanol/bad fuel problems.

That looks like a weed eater engine to me....

On Thu, 24 May 2012 20:01:29 -0400, wrote:

wrote:

http://www.golehr.com/

It would certainly eliminate the ethanol/bad fuel problems.

Where onboard does one safely store the propane?

Why not where the gasoline is stored now? Different tank, of course. I've got four 20lb'ers on my
trailer. Doesn't seem to cause anyone a problem until I go under the tunnel at Norfolf or Baltimore.
Then I just have to turn them off.

I think you are supposed to worry about storing propane anywhere that
it could pool in the bilge.
I would store them on deck, in a well ventilated area.

I didn't think you could even go through a tunnel with a propane tank,
on or off. They must have loosened up on that.

Maybe enough RV'ers have complained about it. As to your assertion that propane would pool in the
bilge, you are correct - if it leaked. But gas would do the same thing, no?

Anyway, to check your assertion I went here. Very informative. Some funny responses!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8161408AAIFFKl

In article ,
says...

wrote:

http://www.golehr.com/

It would certainly eliminate the ethanol/bad fuel problems.

Where onboard does one safely store the propane?

The same place they now store gasoline.

On 5/25/2012 8:03 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In ,
says...

wrote:

http://www.golehr.com/

It would certainly eliminate the ethanol/bad fuel problems.

Where onboard does one safely store the propane?

The same place they now store gasoline.

In a gas tank? Somehow I think that's a bad idea. Why don't you google
up the correct answer.

On Fri, 25 May 2012 08:15:07 -0400, Oscar wrote:

Where onboard does one safely store the propane?

The same place they now store gasoline.

In a gas tank? Somehow I think that's a bad idea. Why don't you google
up the correct answer.

===

Conventional wisdom is that it should be stored on deck, away from any
openings that lead below or to an enclosed space. Many boats that
use propane for cooking have a sealed locker that is ventilated
overboard. I have seen others with the propane cylinder installed on
a stern bracket.

On 5/25/2012 9:09 AM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Fri, 25 May 2012 08:15:07 -0400, wrote:

Where onboard does one safely store the propane?

The same place they now store gasoline.

In a gas tank? Somehow I think that's a bad idea. Why don't you google
up the correct answer.

===

Conventional wisdom is that it should be stored on deck, away from any
openings that lead below or to an enclosed space. Many boats that
use propane for cooking have a sealed locker that is ventilated
overboard. I have seen others with the propane cylinder installed on
a stern bracket.

Your answer makes a lot of sense. Being heavier than air, propane will
drift along a surface and fall into any hole it finds.

wrote:

http://www.golehr.com/

It would certainly eliminate the ethanol/bad fuel problems.

Where onboard does one safely store the propane?

Why not where the gasoline is stored now? Different tank, of course. I've got four 20lb'ers on my
trailer. Doesn't seem to cause anyone a problem until I go under the tunnel at Norfolf or Baltimore.
Then I just have to turn them off.

John, management of LP gas is a well known problem, on boats.

http://www.boattest.com/resources/vi...spx?NewsID=502

I am always in the learning mode. That's why the question mark.

But the article indicates that proper procedures for handling the stuff are well known. The article
answers the original question.

Thanks.

Old Motor versus New Motor (outboard) Gil Boat Building 4 November 3rd 07 07:52 AM
Old Motor versus New Motor (outboard) Gil Cruising 0 November 2nd 07 04:15 PM
Help with outboard motor R Swarts General 0 May 8th 07 11:55 PM
Outboard Motor Will General 14 July 30th 04 09:31 AM