Gil Gil is offline

Default Old Motor versus New Motor (outboard)

Hey guys and gals -

I need or widsom in my situation. I started the topic about
Ethanol..and now they are talking about those rubber-bands airplans (how
in the world can go off topic seriously).

Anyway...as most may not know, my Suzuki DT140 (1985) two stroke, oil
injected outboard motor got burnt (internally) probably lack of oil
circulation or cooling system was not working, in either case, I was
told it will cost over $1,000.00 for repair. I have requested a full
cost, but waiting for that to come in, but in the mean time:

All of you, compairing the pro and cons of repairing the motor for less
than $3,000 or go for a newer engine (avg 7k to 10k dollars). Due to
changes in our fuel situation where additives are being added to
gasoline, I worry about older model motors not being able to handle the
fuel changes versus newer engine that are design for the changes in the
fuel contents.

Should I go for new motor or stick with the old true blue regular
gasoline engine?

Gil

p.s. I've posted this question in another group..please pardon me if you
see this again in a different newsgroup.

Old Motor versus New Motor (outboard) Gil Boat Building 4 November 3rd 07 07:52 AM
Help with outboard motor R Swarts General 0 May 8th 07 11:55 PM
Outboard Motor John Touring 12 April 25th 04 07:15 PM
Outboard Motor Tony Roberts UK Paddle 0 April 8th 04 11:10 PM
Outboard motor Tony Roberts General 0 April 8th 04 11:08 PM