John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default Propane Outboard Motor Anyone?

On Thu, 24 May 2012 17:16:45 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 24 May 2012 16:45:36 -0400, X ` Man
wrote:

On 5/24/12 3:25 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 24 May 2012 14:03:28 -0400, John
wrote:

They seem to use Kahns here, the quarter pound ones. Costco dogs are
bigger than that I think. They come on a hogie roll. One is plenty for
me.
Maybe the Nathans is a northern thing. Both Sams and Costco sell them
but not at the snack bar.

Costco, until recently, sold the Hebrew National 1/4lb'er. Now their selling the Kirkland brand,
same size. I can't tell the difference between the two. Both are great, and, I think, have a better
flavor than the Nathans. But, maybe there's just more salt mixed with the fat. I don't tell my
doctor that I eat 'em. And, I do it only once every couple months.

I haven't looked at the package but Kirkland has been listing the
manufacturer on a lot of their products. It may still be Hebrew
National.

I think virtually all hot dogs have way too much salt but that may
just be me. I usually get the low sodium, low fat Mavericks if I want
a hot dog for me. The kids still like the regular ones. I have a
roller so hot dogs can be too easy. I have to watch myself.

Hebrew National has some lower fat dogs. I've never looked at what
they've done about the salt. The lower fat dogs are pretty good.

Those are usually what I buy for the kids (all beef low fat) but they
are still pretty salty. The mavericks are better for you but they cost
almost as much as sirloin steak.

Have you ever tried turkey dogs? I believe they have about half the sodium of a hot dog. Don't know
what they taste like though.

We've been using ground turkey instead of ground beef with the Hard Times Chile mix. Can hardly tell
the difference.