jps jps is offline

Default Floriduh

The state that elected a crook for governor sets a new standard for
stupidity *and* hypocrisy.

Matthew Dowd, President George W. Bush’s former chief strategist, on
Sunday observed that the same conservative legislatures and governors
who are championing so-called Christian values like prayer in schools
are also pushing for dangerous gun laws that are counter to Christian
teachings.

During a panel on ABC, “Nightline” anchor Terry Moran noted that
Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law gave officials cover to not arrest
neighborhood watch vigilante George Zimmerman for killing Trayvon
Martin, an unarmed 17-year-old African American boy.

“No other state has a law like this,” Moran explained. “Not only is it
a ‘Stand Your Ground’ law — in the olden days under common law you had
a duty to retreat. ‘Stand Your Ground’ says, no, you don’t have to.
Florida goes one step farther. ‘Stand Your Ground’ is self defense —
defense at trial. It would go to trial where the jury would figure out
what happened.”

“In Florida, the law says if you raise a claim of self defense after
killing someone in public, you can’t even be arrested,” he added.
“It’s why prosecutors and police hated this law. It sabotaged our
justice system. All this discussion we’ve heard — What did Zimmerman
do? What did Trayvon do? — Juries are supposed to figure that out. The
Florida law destroys that American system.”

“There is such irony about this,” Dowd agreed. “Most of the states
that have passed this including Florida and the ‘Stand Your Ground’
laws and the expanded gun-ownership laws where you can carry a
concealed weapon are also the same states and the same legislatures
and the same governors who sort of pushed for prayer in the school.”

Dowd continued: “To me, there is such and irony here, that we want to
be a Christian nation and we want to act in a Christian manner, but
oh, by the way, we don’t believe in the turn your other cheek and we
don’t believe in love your enemy. We believe in loading citizens and
basically giving them an opportunity to shoot people.”

On Mar 25, 4:12*pm, jps wrote:
[...]

When you see the likes of some of this groups Florida residents,
nothing surprises me.

On 3/25/12 6:38 PM, North Star wrote:
On Mar 25, 4:12 pm, wrote:
[...]

Many generations of marrying their sisters...

On 3/25/2012 6:38 PM, North Star wrote:
On Mar 25, 4:12 pm, wrote:
[...]

Go watch your paint peel, Dilbert.

--
http://tinyurl.com/75bq9db

On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 15:38:11 -0700 (PDT), North Star
wrote:

When you see the likes of some of this groups Florida residents,
nothing surprises me.

===

Don, several of my neighbors are Canadians. They all seem to be
fairly happy here in Florida and they get to go boating all winter
long.

What's not to like?

wrote:
When you see the likes of some of this groups Florida residents,
nothing surprises me.

===

Don, several of my neighbors are Canadians. *They all seem to be
fairly happy here in Florida and they get to go boating all winter
long.

What's not to like?

Lucky you........ You could be living next door to someone like
'Oscar' rather than agreeable Canadians. ;-)

wrote:
When you see the likes of some of this groups Florida residents,
nothing surprises me.

===

Don, several of my neighbors are Canadians. They all seem to be
fairly happy here in Florida and they get to go boating all winter
long.

What's not to like?

Lucky you........ You could be living next door to someone like
'Oscar' rather than agreeable Canadians. ;-)

Oscar is agreeable. And yes, those young Canadian wimmins he had
encounters with were most agreeable.

--
http://tinyurl.com/75bq9db

In article cf77cd39-44bd-4219-89ec-
,
says...

On Mar 25, 4:12*pm, jps wrote:
[...]

Just what "this groups Florida residents" is that?

On 3/26/2012 3:48 AM, jps wrote:
On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 23:54:24 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 12:12:08 -0700, wrote:

I think there are a lot of people who are lynching this guy without
hearing a word of testimony from the defendant.
If that is justice in the other 49 states, stay there.

The fact remains that a spokesman for the Sanford Police has said none
of the "revelations" we have heard are inconsistent with Zimmerman's
story.

I am going to wait for the FBI report. That is why they are there, but
if what Plouffe said on MTP this morning is an indication, Martin may
have been the attacker and Zimmerman may have been trying to retreat.
Will you feel the same way if it is determined that Zimmerman was on
his back on the ground with Martin pummeling him when the shot was
fired. That is also consistent with what the witnesses have said.

You're backwards from what I've read. It was Martin that was calling
for help and Zimmerman who was doing the straddling.

Whatever the case, Zimmerman was told to stand down and wait for
officers to arrive. Stand your ground will not be a successful
defense and will get overturned in your state legislature.

Bad, stupid law.

Oh, so only the great JPS knows what really happened... BTW, your
version (the new black panther party version) is not supported by the
facts we already have...

Floriduh Fished Out Skipper General 35 February 4th 06 02:59 AM
Floriduh Slipping Away Skipper General 11 February 3rd 06 05:59 PM
Floriduh - A Passing Fad Skipper General 111 February 3rd 06 04:15 PM
Floriduh Boat Service Skipper General 7 January 31st 06 01:31 AM
Millions for the Taking in Floriduh Skipper General 17 October 28th 05 02:41 AM