Default Update on ecigs...

On 3/1/2012 9:37 PM, BAR wrote:
In ,
says...

In ,

says...

In ,
says...

In raweb.com, 5@
5.com says...

On 2/29/2012 1:07 PM, iBoaterer wrote:
In ,
says...

On 2/29/2012 12:03 PM, X ` Man wrote:
On 2/29/12 11:48 AM,
wrote:
On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 06:35:15 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

On 2/28/12 11:02 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 16:35:06 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

Cigarette smoke is not one of those trade-off thingies you like
so much.
It's like Hitler...there's no reason to compromise about
it...it's all
bad and *anything* that can be done to eliminate cigarettes is a
good
thing.

We just have to hope the environmental weenies do not use second hand
smoke as a precedent (infinitesimally small trace amounts of a
chemical) to come after our BOATS (just to stay on topic). No matter
how clean burning your engine is, there are still trace amounts of
all
sorts of chemicals in the exhaust. They could even cite the
fiberglass
that out gases for years or the paints and preservatives used on
wood.
Bottom paint is a super fund site compared to SHS.
Somehow I bet you think these are all harmless because they meet some
threshold limit value..

I can't do much more than giggle at your attempts to build your case
here. Sorry.

It is simply because you refuse to accept your prejudice.

Nah. The general disdain for cigarettes isn't going to portmanteau into
general disdain for boats.

You must not have manatees up there in "Cawlvert county". There is a
very vocal group around here who would ban all power boats in vast
stretches of water. They will use any kind of junk science that
becomes available. If they ever figure out you can set the threshold
limit value of emissions to zero like we have done with tobacco smoke,
power boats could go the way of asbestos pot holders.

Your problems with manatees and manatee lovers is not "general disdain"
for boats or boaters. We have lots of active boaters up here, and I've
not seen much aimed at curtailing the activities of those who behave
responsibly on the water.

Who gets to decide whats responsible activity on the water? Someone who
loves powerboats, someone who loves sailboats, or the guy who has a home
on the water and only wants kayaks out there?

You're right. We should have not laws. Want to drink and drive, have at
it. Want to use drugs and boat, have at it. Want to do that recklessly
and without regard to others, have at it.

He didn't say that.

Let's not go running amok now.

You sound like Plume.

Apparently everybody sounds like Plume to you.

He's got you nailed.

Did you get a chance to review those peer reviewed studies that you
asked for and I gave? You and Scotty seemed to have gotten awfully quiet
about it! And I've not seen one single peer reviewed study that says
that second hand smoking is NOT bad for you.

Where are the URLs?

Pffft... "Scotty" didn't see any of it... I don't read Plum or any of
his socks...

In article ,
says...

In article ,
says...

In article ,

says...

In article ,
says...

In article om, 5@

wrote:
On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 06:35:15 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

http://www.gaspforair.org/gasp/gedc/artcl-new.php?ID=40

http://www.behavioral.net/news-item/...re-secondhand-
smoke-linked-mental-health-problems

There's a few thousand more if you look.

In article , says...

wrote:
On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 06:35:15 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

[...]

See above.

On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 11:56:22 -0500, wrote:
On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 16:19:09 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

On 2/29/12 4:11 PM, JustWait wrote:
On 2/29/2012 3:43 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 12:03:04 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

[...]

How many "no motor zones" do you have up there?

That is starting to be a popular thing here. I saw something

the other
day that said they were going to "no motor" a big chunk of

Biscane
bay. There are a few around here already.
It is not just the manatee thing. You also have pressures from
paddlers and blow boat people.

That's exactly where I am coming from. I used to be a member of a
paddling group but their egocentric, and militant attitude toward
anybody that wasn't well, them, got old quick...

When you have a finite resource and infinite numbers of people who

want
to use it, you either establish reasonable rules or you have

chaos. The
waterways do not exist for the sole pleasure of powerboaters.

The problem with this analogy is if I used the smoker example, the
canoe and sail boat people would be able to demand to go anywhere

they
wanted without having to smell a power boat.
You will not accept the idea of having a "smoking allowed" bar or
restaurant even if the owner built an identical one next door that

was
non-smoking.

Now that makes sense. We gotta figure out how to isolate the
stinkpots so they don't offend the green boaters. :-)

wrote:

[...]

You and others consistently overlook my use of the word "reasonable" in
waterway rules.

wrote:

[...]

Until you come up with a reasonable definition of what you consider
reasonable, we will continue to overlook your usage of that word.

wrote:

[...]

Reasonable is whatever he wants' it to be today...

In article , dump-on-
says...

wrote:

[...]

Reasonable to one is unreasonable to another.

On 3/3/12 8:15 PM, BAR wrote:
In article4PGdnf51AKdi78_SnZ2dnUVZ_q4AAAAA@earthlink .com, dump-on-
says...

wrote:

[...]

Only because you conservatives don't practice the art of compromise.

In article , says...

On 3/3/2012 4:40 PM, oscar wrote:
On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 14:37:35 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Isn't it time to go blow some cigarette smoke into your child's lungs?
After all, according to you and BAR (but not by any studies or experts)
second hand smoke isn't bad for you!

update Paul Oman Boat Building 0 June 20th 08 06:37 PM
GB update Eisboch General 38 November 16th 04 05:03 PM
"26 Again" update FamilySailor ASA 3 August 20th 04 08:44 PM