Default Update on ecigs...

On 2/29/12 11:48 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 06:35:15 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

On 2/28/12 11:02 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 16:35:06 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

Cigarette smoke is not one of those trade-off thingies you like so much.
It's like Hitler...there's no reason to compromise about it...it's all
bad and *anything* that can be done to eliminate cigarettes is a good
thing.

We just have to hope the environmental weenies do not use second hand
smoke as a precedent (infinitesimally small trace amounts of a
chemical) to come after our BOATS (just to stay on topic). No matter
how clean burning your engine is, there are still trace amounts of all
sorts of chemicals in the exhaust. They could even cite the fiberglass
that out gases for years or the paints and preservatives used on wood.
Bottom paint is a super fund site compared to SHS.
Somehow I bet you think these are all harmless because they meet some
threshold limit value..

I can't do much more than giggle at your attempts to build your case
here. Sorry.

It is simply because you refuse to accept your prejudice.

Nah. The general disdain for cigarettes isn't going to portmanteau into
general disdain for boats.

You must not have manatees up there in "Cawlvert county". There is a
very vocal group around here who would ban all power boats in vast
stretches of water. They will use any kind of junk science that
becomes available. If they ever figure out you can set the threshold
limit value of emissions to zero like we have done with tobacco smoke,
power boats could go the way of asbestos pot holders.

Your problems with manatees and manatee lovers is not "general disdain"
for boats or boaters. We have lots of active boaters up here, and I've
not seen much aimed at curtailing the activities of those who behave
responsibly on the water.

On 2/29/12 11:49 AM, JustWait wrote:
On 2/29/2012 11:35 AM, X ` Man wrote:
On 2/29/12 11:22 AM, JustWait wrote:
On 2/29/2012 11:17 AM, Oscar wrote:
On 2/29/2012 10:53 AM, JustWait wrote:
On 2/29/2012 10:34 AM, Oscar wrote:
On 2/29/2012 10:26 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In , says...

On 2/29/2012 9:41 AM, Oscar wrote:
On 2/29/2012 6:55 AM, JustWait wrote:
On 2/29/2012 6:33 AM, X ` Man wrote:
On 2/28/12 9:55 PM, JustWait wrote:
On 2/28/2012 8:46 PM, X ` Man wrote:
On 2/28/12 8:11 PM, JustWait wrote:
On 2/28/2012 8:02 PM, X ` Man wrote:
On 2/28/12 7:56 PM, JustWait wrote:
On 2/26/2012 3:20 PM, BAR wrote:
In
articlep_Kdnelbdrumw9fSnZ2dnUVZ_qKdnZ2d@earthlink .com,
dump-on-
says...

On 2/26/12 11:20 AM, BAR wrote:
In
articlebeCdnXwnuLSUytfSnZ2dnUVZ_jCdnZ2d@earthlink .com,
dump-on-
says...

On 2/26/12 10:56 AM, BAR wrote:

Where are the independently duplicated and peer
reviewed
research
that
shows that second hand smoke causes health problems?

The medical and scientific fields are rife with
incorrect
conclusions,
sub-standard methods and politically driven persons.

What are your qualifications to find, understand, and
judge
legitimate
medical research?

You are too funny. What are you qualifications to
question
anyone
else's
qualifications?

I think if you are going to try to challenge
peer-reviewed
medical
research in scientific publications, you ought to have
some
recognizable
qualifications.

What are your qualifications to question anyone else's
qualifications?

It is having a huge effect on the market.. Changing the
whole
dynamic.
Taking the manufacture and distribution to a totally
different
level.
Away from organized criminal organizations, and directly to
Suzie
Homemaker...

You must have excised the content here.

I think so. My comment was directed at the notion that 350
dollar an
ounce pot was not having an effect on the market... And it
certainly
is...

Ahh. I missed that. Is that up or down? And what effect is it
having?

I do not endorse the use of any illegal substance, all of my
information
is based on hearsay, my own research over the internet, and
other
sources over the years who wish to remain anonymous.

OK,...here we go...
Well, back in 1976 an ounce was less than ten dollars. It would
come
over from Jamaica or Vietnam with traveling service men, and
other
world
travelers, average Joes, it was still somewhat casual but
beginning to
go more main stream (move to the suburbs) from about 69 on.

At that time there were two distinctive levels of quality
available.
Regular like I said, less than ten buck an ounce, and then the
specialty
stuff like Colombian Gold, and Panama Red which cold reach the
amazing
price of 40 dollars an ounce...

Things really changed quickly in the 80's when criminal
elements
realized how much money was to be made on pot, and really
decided to
take over the business. One of the things they did right away
was
begin
to develop domestic production by sending growers from
California
all
over the country, north western Mass, and particularly to
Canada
where a
lot of the production moved indoors. This all made for a much
fresher
and significantly more potent, hand tended product rather than
the
imported stuff which was often beat to **** and smelling of
something
foul by the time it gotpot to the US. Although the imported
stuff
was
still
available, by the mid 80's it was almost completely replaced by
the
domestic crop and the prices skyrocketed to an average 200 an
ounce by
the mid 80's ten times more than it had been just a decade
earlier.

The whole market swung back in the last couple decades for
suburban
consumers anyway. With the availability of technology,
information on
the net, genetically superior seeds in the mail with
practically no
possibility of discovery has turned the whole market right back
where it
started with random, unconnected (mostly non criminal except
for
the
pot) producers all over the country. Distribution has gone back
to the
days of the local farmer, mostly serving local friends and
family.

Stronger and better (taste, smoothness, etc.) is being
genetically
developed all the time and some of the higher priced strains
now
can go
for nearly 500 an ounce for top bud (top plant material)...

There is still a good amount of poor quality imported stuff
coming over
the border, but no longer the great strains of the past like
the
golds
and reds, just commercial bunk, mostly sold in the inner
city in
dime
bags on the street corner. That can still go for close to
200 an
ounce
if you were to find a distributor willing to sell that much.
Most of
them want to cut it to dime bags and make a fortune...

So, that's how the price of pot has effected the industry...
in a
nutshell

Ahh, thanks. I don't follow the pot price curve... :)

Hummm, yeah I know a couple here will get stupid but it's all on
the up
and up. I get my info mostly from legal sites representing legal
retail
stores across the country and world... I tend to stir them up a
bit as
although I know there are some very legitimate medical reasons
for
some
folks to smoke, I don't subscribe to the whole "medical
marijuana"
hoax,
I just believe in straight legalization... 95 to probably 98% of
the
folks using "medical marijuana" are full of crap...

Dope is dope Scotty. Do you suggest that all regulations on
dope be
rescinded?

No, I think Marijuana should be treated like Tobacco or Alcohol...

I agree. We spend WAY too much time and money on the fight to stamp
out
pot. Those resources could be used for much better things.

Why don't you guys come up with a list of dope that you deem
acceptable
for general consumption. I'll start the list for you.

1. The hallucinogen, marijuana

Well, that's my list.. Let's turn the tables.. Would you rather get in
the car with somebody smoking pot, or somebody on Oxycontin or
Vicodin?

I assume those drugs are powerful hallucinogens, just like marijuana.
You aren't really offering a safe alternative. To answer your question,
I would not knowingly be around any machinery being operated by a
person
under the influence of any of those dangerous controlled substances,
including pot.

Listen, I get it.. You want me to get all upset and defend pot from your
hysterical, uninformed suggestions about the drug... But I am not going
to. I have known literally thousands of pot smokers in my lifetime,
never once have I ever heard of one having hallucinations... so as far
as I am concerned, as soon as you go there, you are talking about some
fictional drug.. And I am not here to make up fairy tales...

The pot smokers I have known in my lifetime have never mentioned
hallucinations in connection with use of the stuff.

This is a propaganda talking point used by the textile and alcohol
companies who got it banned in the first place. Think Kennedy, yeah,
wrap your head around that one... and more recently, big pharma...

I could be wrong, but I recall reading that marijuana was added to the
list of restricted drugs in the 1930's.

On 2/29/2012 12:03 PM, X ` Man wrote:
On 2/29/12 11:48 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 06:35:15 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Who gets to decide whats responsible activity on the water? Someone who
loves powerboats, someone who loves sailboats, or the guy who has a home
on the water and only wants kayaks out there?

On 2/26/12 10:56 AM, BAR wrote:

[...]

How would you describe the sensations derived from the act of smoking
dope?

For that, you would have to ask a smoker...

You are implying that you are not a drug user. I'm happy to hear that.
Lolling about with drug users is a dangerous pass time. You should
distance yourself from them lest they influence you to become one of them.

--
O M G

On 2/29/12 11:48 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 06:35:15 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

That would be Harry. Surprised?

--
O M G

On 2/29/12 11:48 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 06:35:15 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

To a degree, all the stakeholders should have some say. As an example,
if you live on a moderately sized lake and suddenly there is an
infestation of unmuffled "penis" boats zooming close by your house every
Sunday morning at 8 am, you should have input into whether that sort of
behavior is "responsible." When we lived in the St. Augustine area near
the ICW, I was part of an effort to "ban" airboats from the shallow
estuaries and marshlands in the immediate area because of their noise
and the physical damage they were doing. The owners of these boats were
not acting responsibly. Note I didn't say banned from the waterways.

On 2/29/12 11:48 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 06:35:15 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

So, penis boats are bad for you... What if all the homeowners on the
lake have them but you?

Then, what if you have a sailboat and the rest of the folks are
fishermen who hate sailboats moving in and around them while they were
fishing.

The lake we went to on the shoreline was a home to a skulling team. The
only accident we ever had on that lake was when they hit my wifes row
boat because they didn't think she was moving fast enough across the
lake.... I say skulls are the most annoying and dangerous, mostly
because of the assholes in them... So, who gets to decide again?

On 2/26/12 10:56 AM, BAR wrote:

[...]

You have your causes, I have mine... who says I am not a councellor in a
addiction clinic trying to help them quit? If I was, would you still
suggest I abandon them?

On 2/29/12 11:48 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 06:35:15 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

The operative word was "responsibly." If they understand the nuances of
that word, the operators of noisy boats wouldn't start their noise
pollution so early on a weekend morning, eh?

There have to be rules and regulations. Otherwise, you have the anarchy
of libertarianism.

On 2/29/12 11:48 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 06:35:15 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Don't care to address the sailboats going over fishing lines, or the
skulls arrogantly trying to bully their way to a private lake??

update Paul Oman Boat Building 0 June 20th 08 06:37 PM
GB update Eisboch General 38 November 16th 04 05:03 PM
"26 Again" update FamilySailor ASA 3 August 20th 04 08:44 PM