Default Update on ecigs...

On 2/28/12 7:24 AM, BAR wrote:
In , dump-on-
says...

On 2/28/12 1:22 AM,
wrote:
On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 21:30:45 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

On 2/27/12 8:19 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 16:22:59 -0500, X ` Man

Every majority that wants to discriminate against a minority has Peer
Reviewed studies to prove they are right whether it is Goebbels, David
Duke or Rick Santorum.
When all of the "peers" are anti smoking groups it is not surprising
that they come to the same conclusion about very low levels of second
hand smoke.

You think "peers" should be pro-smoking?

No but they should be pro freedom.

There are acceptable threshold limit values on every chemical in
cigarette smoke but they do not apply if the source is cigarette
smoke.

GOOD.

So you admit this is not science, tt is prejudice.

Naw. I don't buy your argument so I'm just playing with the language.

Cigarette smoke is not one of those trade-off thingies you like so much.
It's like Hitler...there's no reason to compromise about it...it's all
bad and *anything* that can be done to eliminate cigarettes is a good
thing.

The outlaw them completely. Why should people benefit from taxes on
cigarettes.

I would argue that it makes sense to continue to raise the taxes on
cigarettes to the point where they are so expensive, the market for them
collapses. Unfortunately, the tobacco companies are now concentrating
selling their deadly wares to minors in third world countries. I'm sure
at some point there will be a worldwide ban on the manufacture and sale
of the damned things.

In article , dump-on-
says...

On 2/27/12 8:24 PM, BAR wrote:
In ,

says...

On 2/26/12 10:25 PM, BAR wrote:
In b.com,
says...

On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 15:20:09 -0500, wrote:
In articlep_Kdnelbdrumw9fSnZ2dnUVZ_qKdnZ2d@earthlink .com,
dump-on-
says...

On 2/26/12 11:20 AM, BAR wrote:
In articlebeCdnXwnuLSUytfSnZ2dnUVZ_jCdnZ2d@earthlink .com,
dump-on-
says...

On 2/26/12 10:56 AM, BAR wrote:

Where are the independently duplicated and peer reviewed
research that
shows that second hand smoke causes health problems?

The medical and scientific fields are rife with incorrect
conclusions,
sub-standard methods and politically driven persons.

What are your qualifications to find, understand, and judge
legitimate
medical research?

You are too funny. What are you qualifications to question
anyone else's
qualifications?

I think if you are going to try to challenge peer-reviewed
medical
research in scientific publications, you ought to have some
recognizable
qualifications.

What are your qualifications to question anyone else's
qualifications?

He learned English real good in Kansas. That's gotta count fer sumpin.

I am curious as to why the great Harry Krause went to a school out in
the middle of nowhere. Couldn't he get into any of the local schools of
higher learning? It is also interesting that he was only able to secure
a job at a newspaper with little to no significance. Funny too that he
never got another newspaper job. He did go into union organizing, not
much needed there but the ability to rabble rouse.

You should refocus your curiosity on the academic incompetence that kept
you out of even an open enrollment two year community college.

As for the Kansas City Star, when I worked there it was considered one
of the 10 best newspapers in the United States. Some years later, the
newsroom employees who owned the paper sold it off to a conglomerate and
it began its downward slide, as virtually all formerly independent
newspapers do once they are acquired.

I never actually applied for a newspaper or news job anywhere. During a
journalism honorary society induction ceremony in Kansas City sponsored
by the Kansas City Star, at which everyone got roaring drunk, I was
asked by the then managing editor of the morning edition if I wanted a
summer job. I stopped by the paper the next day and the managing editor
hired me on the spot, without an application or resume. Turns out one of
my professors at school knew the managing editor and had recommended I
be hired for the summer job.

At the end of the summer, just before I started my senior year, the
managing editor asked me if I thought I could finish up school and work
on the paper. He got the city editor to jiggle schedules so I was able
to take my remaining classes in the AM and through mid-day and drive my
derelict car to the paper five late afternoons a week.

After some years at the Kansas City, I was recruited by The Associated
Press at the behest of Harry F. Rosenthal, a very well known senior AP
reported and editor, and David Halberstam, an author. I was flown to New
York and interviewed directly by Keith Fuller of the AP and Wes
Gallagher, who at that time was the AP's general manager.

While with the AP, I was promoted to Correspondent in Charge of smaller
bureaus in three states, and covered first-hand two horrific disasters,
one involving a bridge and the other a huge coal mine explosion. On the
basis of that work, I was invited to New York again and offered a TV
news job at ABC News. I wasn't that interested, but I did get to meet
Jimmy Breslin at ABC. His last newspaper gig went down the drain with
the collapse of the World Journal Tribune. Breslin took me to an
"expensive" lunch at his favorite hot dog stand, where we became friends
after both of us dripped mustard on our shirts.

So, you see, I never sought a newspaper job, not my first one and not my
last "news" job. I did OK in the news biz for a guy with a B.A. in
English and an M.A. in English and, of course, along the way, I managed
to take a number of university level science and math classes. But even
with that formal education in my background, I don't feel comfortable
predicting what the fuel will be for cars two decades from now.

So, Bertie, have you ever taken and passed any university-level courses
in math or science?

Didn't think so.

Why do you feel compelled to open up and explain your entire
professional life to a guy on the Internet whom you have declared many
times is an idiot and not worth your time.

I am on schedule to retire in 8 years, prior to reaching the age of 60.
Accomplished without a pension from any company or relying upon social
security. I think I have done pretty well for myself. Pretty well for an
uneducated former jar-head.

Why? Because you make it so easy.

I am glad you are comfortable enough with me to provide me with your
life's history.

In article ,
says...

On 2/28/12 7:24 AM, BAR wrote:
In , dump-on-
says...

On 2/28/12 1:22 AM,
wrote:
On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 21:30:45 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

On 2/27/12 8:19 PM,
wrote:
[...]

Legal is legal. Besides tobacco built the USA. If there was no tobacco
then we would have been just a very large lumber yard.

In article ,
says...

On 2/28/12 7:27 AM, BAR wrote:
In ,
lid says...

On 2/25/2012 10:44 AM, BAR wrote:

There is nothing irrational about your fears, they are your fears and
your fears alone. What you don't have is the right to foist your
irrationality and fears upon the rest of society. You are free to live
on your property and live your irrational and fear filled life all alone
without interference from anyone.

So you do understand my thoughts on religion.

I don't think anyone understands you. Your mind is warped, your views
are off the charts and you are generally an unpleasent person.

Considering where certain people and a certain political party in the
USA are trying to take religion, it is rational to believe that there is
an effort to turn this country into a Christian version of an
ayatollahville.

The interesting thing is that there is no specific language in the US
Constitution that provides for the separation of church and state. That
issue was left to the states to decide. But, the people's right to keep
and bear arms was ensured by its language.

Let's say Maryland was to return to its Catholic roots and it had a
constitutional amendment that says Catholicism was the Maryland State
religion. There would be nothing the Congress could do or that the
SCOTUS could do to stop that.

The first amendment says "Congress shall make no law..."

On 2/28/12 7:42 AM, BAR wrote:
In ,
says...

On 2/28/12 7:27 AM, BAR wrote:
In ,
lid says...

On 2/25/2012 10:44 AM, BAR wrote:

[...]

I wouldn't bet my retirement cache on the legal validity of *that*
posit. The Supremes have ruled negatively on attempts by states to
"establish" state religion or religious observance or practice.

Still, there's time remaining in political selection process of the
pro-superstition party. Maybe Monsieur Rick will try to promote his
brand of religion as a required national religion. He's become the
"laugh a day" guy.

update Paul Oman Boat Building 0 June 20th 08 06:37 PM
GB update Eisboch General 38 November 16th 04 05:03 PM
"26 Again" update FamilySailor ASA 3 August 20th 04 08:44 PM