Default If this doesn't make you feel old and creaky...

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 08:49:34 -0500, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 14:35:49 -0500, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 09:10:03 -0500, Happy John
wrote:

He, perhaps, should have stressed the behavior -
which was, and is, very assholish.

===

And perhaps recommended that the perpatrators join assaholics
anonymous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdgVA...ipcontrinter=1

The only thing is we are sliding back to where it was, in that anyone
who doesn't agree with a certain poster's stance on things such as
sports, religion, politics, etc. is deemed an "asshole". Being civil and
pussy-footing around a certain poster for fear of ****ing him off are
two different things. If it were anyone else calling someone an asshole,
they surely would have gotten a reprimand by others.

Old news. The behavior was assholish. No one individual was called an asshole.

Any further continuance of your behavior (by pursuing the matter ad nauseam) would also be assholish
behavior.

This is very reminiscent of Kevin's behavior. Don't you agree?

So, are you saying that if the subject includes more than one person,
because it's not an individual, they can then be called assholes and
it's acceptable? YOU seem to be "pursuing the matter ad nauseam", does
that make your behavior assholish?

Yes. Continuance of this discussion with you would be assholish to others in the group.

Bye.

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

And you acting like you are above everyone else would be as well.

X ` Man wrote:
On 1/16/12 7:47 PM, Earl wrote:
X ` Man wrote:
On 1/15/12 12:28 PM, iBoaterer wrote:
In ,

says...

On 1/15/2012 10:46 AM, Oscar wrote:
On 1/15/2012 10:13 AM, JustWait wrote:
On 1/15/2012 9:50 AM, X ` Man wrote:
On 1/15/12 9:34 AM, BAR wrote:
In
,
says...

In articleaf13b6ee-0a8e-4926-b74a-86fc9f7af0f9
@v14g2000yqh.googlegroups.com,
says...

On Jan 14, 10:07 pm,
wrote:
On 1/14/2012 10:52 PM, Earl wrote:

Happy John wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 20:39:31 -0500,

wrote:

X ` Man wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK9TP...&feature=share
Amazing performance but she will probably need knee and hip
surgery
before she's 50.
As my younger daughter, a cheerleader and gymnast in high
school,
will
attest. She goes in for her
hip surgery in about a week.
That's a rough sport.

I met an NFL alum that played in the Super Bowl and he could
hardly walk
at 44 years old.

Wonder if he had any regrets...

Several years ago, there was a documentary done on the likes
of these
guys. Some were in wheel chairs. They were asked the same
question,
and ironically most said they had no regrets at all and if
able would
'do it again'

Winning and being productive is ingrained in the human psych,
at least
for most!

Survival is the basic instinct of humans all else flows from
that.

Pro football's "bloodthirst" is hardly a metaphor for human life.
It's
just a game, nothing more. Unfortunately, many of its fans are
attracted
by its brutality and are willing to pay for their bloodlust.

Professional car racing is also a bloodsport and I'd guess more
drivers
are killed each year than football players. But...if you are a
driver
and you deliberately cause injuries to another driver, you're
likely to
be suspended from the sport or tossed out entirely.

Let's be honest here. A big part of the attraction of football is
the
likelihood of seeing over-steroided players beat the crap out of
each
other, with the chance of seeing several carried off the field
with
serious injuries.

You being a non-participant and non-fan makes for a very wrong
view of
the spectators of both Racing and Football. Maybe the thugs you
hung out
with liked to see just the smashing of bodies and metal, but most
real
fans don't....

Can we do this without personal attacks?

apologies to Harry... my bad....

Yeah, but Harry has already started the name calling.

A. I didn't call anyone here a name.
B. You seem intent on seeing what you can stir up.
C. I'm not playing your game and I hope no one else does, either.

Have nice day, as my Russian friends say.

FPS?

Ahh...another fan. But he's not Russian.

FPS isn't really Russian? He could be a good actor!

JustWait wrote:
On 1/16/2012 7:42 PM, Earl wrote:
X ` Man wrote:

I won't argue that our pro football is the only sport in which the
players deliberately try to seriously injure the opposing players,
but...I don't watch those sorts of sports, whatever they are. I did,
however, state that I like professional boxing, but even in that
obviously blood sport, there are rules that usually are strictly
enforced and, if you break them, you'll likely lose the match through
disqualification and possibly your license to box again.

That sort of oversight should be applied to professional football.
Deliberately try to injure another player, you're out of the game. Do
it repeatedly and you're banned from the game.

The same happens in the NBA.

And in football too... In every sport.

I was referring to player who intentionally try to hurt other players.

On 1/17/12 8:22 PM, Earl wrote:
X ` Man wrote:
On 1/16/12 7:47 PM, Earl wrote:
X ` Man wrote:

[...]