Default MA: Freshwater lead sinker and jig ban takes effect January 1, 2012 - Outdoor News: Massachusetts

On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 12:49:35 -0500, X ` Man wrote:

On 12/18/11 12:29 PM, Happy JH wrote:
On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 10:58:35 -0500, X ` wrote:

On 12/18/11 10:56 AM, Happy JH wrote:

It's a shame lead weights don't kill mute swans.

http://www.chesapeakebay.net/muteswa...menuitem=16930

The same could be said for you and yours.

Pretty sick, Harry.

I guess you're in favor of a strong mute swan population in the bay? Do you read anything at all
about the bay? Here, learn something. I'd sign you up, but then you'd probably accuse me of
'stalking' you.

I've never been a "mankind uber alles" kind of guy, herring. It's too
bad the swans were introduced here but, after all, it was man that did
it, by importing them, and now you want to kill them all because it
didn't work out the way your ancestors here intended?

Kill them because they're causing the death of many of the species native to the bay. Has nothing to
do with my ancestors.

Do some more reading.

Default MA: Freshwater lead sinker and jig ban takes effect January 1,

On Dec 17, 10:45*pm, Bob Crachet wrote:
http://outdoornews.com/massachusetts...8c3-11e1-8d54-...

Hilarious...like thats gonna be enforced. Too funny. Cross-posting
asswipe.
posted to rec.boats,misc.rural,rec.fishing

On 12/17/2011 10:45 PM, Bob Crachet wrote:
http://outdoornews.com/massachusetts...871e3ce6c.html

I notice they let the buzz bait and fly manufacturers off the hook
(pardon the pun) as it were...

On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 19:51:26 -0500, JustWait wrote:

On 12/17/2011 10:45 PM, Bob Crachet wrote:
http://outdoornews.com/massachusetts...871e3ce6c.html

I notice they let the buzz bait and fly manufacturers off the hook
(pardon the pun) as it were...

Don't recall the use of much lead in flies or buzz baits.

On 12/18/11 8:20 PM, Happy JH wrote:
On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 19:51:26 -0500, wrote:

On 12/17/2011 10:45 PM, Bob Crachet wrote:
http://outdoornews.com/massachusetts...871e3ce6c.html

I notice they let the buzz bait and fly manufacturers off the hook
(pardon the pun) as it were...

Don't recall the use of much lead in flies or buzz baits.

Many who tie their own flies use lead wire to give the end product a bit
of weight. There are wire products that can be used in place of lead. If
memory serves, and it's been a long time since I fished lakes with buzz
baits...some of them use lead heads.

--
http://flickr.com/gp/hakr/oR82kN

On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 20:33:01 -0500, X ` Man wrote:

On 12/18/11 8:20 PM, Happy JH wrote:
On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 19:51:26 -0500, wrote:

On 12/17/2011 10:45 PM, Bob Crachet wrote:
http://outdoornews.com/massachusetts...871e3ce6c.html

I notice they let the buzz bait and fly manufacturers off the hook
(pardon the pun) as it were...

Don't recall the use of much lead in flies or buzz baits.

Many who tie their own flies use lead wire to give the end product a bit
of weight. There are wire products that can be used in place of lead. If
memory serves, and it's been a long time since I fished lakes with buzz
baits...some of them use lead heads.

Shows my ignorance of fly-tieing. Lead wire would be pretty bad. Maybe I could cover it with grass
and feed it to the swans in the bay.

On 12/18/2011 8:20 PM, Happy JH wrote:
On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 19:51:26 -0500, wrote:

On 12/17/2011 10:45 PM, Bob Crachet wrote:
http://outdoornews.com/massachusetts...871e3ce6c.html

I notice they let the buzz bait and fly manufacturers off the hook
(pardon the pun) as it were...

Don't recall the use of much lead in flies or buzz baits.

"Other types of sinkers, fishing lures, and/or fishing tackle including,
artificial lures, hooks, weighted flies, lead-core, buzz-baits, spinner
baits, or other weighted fishing lines may still be used for freshwater
fishing."

Most of that stuff is gonna' be from the big manufacturers as well as
lots of local one man fly tie operations... The pressure would have been
great if they went after them too.

As to someone who suggested they won't enforce it, bull ****. That's
Mass, and like CT, the DEP are fierce and sneaky... I guarantee very few
informed fishermen will break the regs up there. They take your gear
around here when you are caught poaching or breaking those kinds of
laws...
posted to rec.boats,misc.rural,rec.fishing

In article ,
says...

On 12/17/2011 10:45 PM, Bob Crachet wrote:
http://outdoornews.com/massachusetts...871e3ce6c.html

I notice they let the buzz bait and fly manufacturers off the hook
(pardon the pun) as it were...

I don't see the problem, there's been no lead weights in my tackle box
for a few years. I try to treat the environment that I fish, hike and
explore in with with respect because I don't listen to political
bull**** and therefore know that the ecology is fragile.

Environmental Protection Agency considering a ban on lead ammunition| Washington Examiner lil abner[_2_] General 13 October 4th 10 01:13 AM
Another stinker, er, sinker... HK General 7 December 25th 07 04:52 PM
Private firm takes the lead in restoring historic lighthouses Chuck Gould General 14 January 11th 07 06:48 AM
scarf jig Mark Boat Building 5 August 21st 06 03:29 AM
Hook line and Sinker Joe ASA 1 January 20th 06 05:24 PM