Default Great boat food

On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 09:34:55 -0800, "Califbill" wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

We're having smoked salmon with chipotle cream sauce tonight. Needed
something good to go with the
fish. Settled on red beans and rice and collard greens. My wife won't have
any of the collards,
which is fine with me. She does love the red beans and rice though.

Anyway, now that y'all are salivating, here's the recipe for the collards:

Collard Greens

Grocery store bag full of Collards
Large onion
4-5 cloves garlic
5 slices bacon
1 tablespoon sugar
1/8 cup Balsamic vinegar
½ tsp red pepper flakes (or something hot) (Franks Red Hot works well also)

Wash and de-stem collards (don't worry about small stems).

Roll collard leaves and cut rolls about 1" wide. Boil about a cup of water
in a pot and put all the
greens in the pot with the boiling water. Cover and let cook for about 12
minutes. Drain.

In the pot, fry the bacon after cutting into 1" pieces. Slice the onions and
saute' them with the
bacon. Don't let get done, as it will cook in the collards.

Chop garlic, add to balsamic vinegar, sugar, and hot pepper. Put collards
back in pot and add the
ingredients, onions, etc. Stir, being sure to get the bacon pieces and fat
mixed in well. Cover and
simmer for about one hour. Add a little water if necessary.

I like catching salmon. Lots. As to eating salmon, lots of better fish to
eat. I grew up living by San Francisco Bay and fished salmon from about 6
years old. My dad did a lot of work for the Berkeley fishing fleet as he
owned a machine shop. So we got invites and later we owned a 23' boat.
Problem is most of the fish was cooked the Mid-western way. Cut in to
steaks and fried in bacon grease. Still like to catch salmon, just give
most of it away to neighbors and friends. I do not know about Collard
Greens but if like chard with lots of oxalic acid in them. Cook for about 3
minutes in boiling water and then dump the water and then finish cooking.
Gets rid of the bitterness in Chard.

Collards are much the same way. That's why they're precooked.

I like smoked salmon, which is the way I always fix it. My wife didn't like salmon at all until she
had it with the chipotle sauce I make. Now it's one of her favorite dishes, and we have it about
every other week.

I need a good recipe for frozen haddock. Got one? It can be grilled, smoked, baked, fried, broiled
or whatever.

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 09:34:55 -0800, "Califbill" wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

I grill fish all of the time, Haddock because of it's mild flavor is
best (to me) on the grill with just a brushing of melted butter and some
lemon pepper.

On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 12:47:38 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

Blech to you, your chipotles, your cream sauce and your life. And, of
course, to your ruining smoked salmon.

===

Give it up Harry.

Living a life of negativity must be miserable.

wrote:

Blech to you, your chipotles, your cream sauce and your life. And, of
course, to your ruining smoked salmon.

===

Give it up Harry.

Living a life of negativity must be miserable.

I don't have use for racist pigs like herring, whine.

wrote:

Blech to you, your chipotles, your cream sauce and your life. And, of
course, to your ruining smoked salmon.

===

Give it up Harry.

Living a life of negativity must be miserable.

It's gotta be a bitch.

wrote:

Blech to you, your chipotles, your cream sauce and your life. And, of
course, to your ruining smoked salmon.

===

Give it up Harry.

Living a life of negativity must be miserable.

I don't have use for racist pigs like herring, whine.

For not having time you sure spend enough of it commenting. Blech.

wrote:

Blech to you, your chipotles, your cream sauce and your life. And, of
course, to your ruining smoked salmon.

===

Give it up Harry.

Living a life of negativity must be miserable.

It's gotta be a bitch.

What is this hold you have over Krause? I've never seen anything like it.

--
1-20-13 The end of an error

wrote:

Blech to you, your chipotles, your cream sauce and your life. And, of
course, to your ruining smoked salmon.

===

Give it up Harry.

Living a life of negativity must be miserable.

I don't have use for racist pigs like herring, whine.

For not having time you sure spend enough of it commenting. Blech.

In the minds (and I use the term loosely) of the really stupid,

"no use for" means the same as "not having time."

No wonder this country is fu*ked.

Try high school again, **** for brains, and this time...pay attention in
English class.

Nice handle, by the way. Did you come up with it after a week or so of
not bathing?

wrote:

Blech to you, your chipotles, your cream sauce and your life. And, of
course, to your ruining smoked salmon.

===

Give it up Harry.

Living a life of negativity must be miserable.

I don't have use for racist pigs like herring, whine.

For not having time you sure spend enough of it commenting. Blech.

In the minds (and I use the term loosely) of the really stupid,

"no use for" means the same as "not having time."

No wonder this country is fu*ked.

Try high school again, **** for brains, and this time...pay attention in
English class.

Nice handle, by the way. Did you come up with it after a week or so of
not bathing?

Was your second major, foul language?