Default Great boat food

In article , dump-on-
says...

On 12/1/11 3:49 PM, Black Cloud wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2011 14:04:23 -0500,
wrote:

On Thu, 01 Dec 2011 07:50:03 -0500, John
wrote:

Well...I've never seen hog jowls at our local stores, so that's probably out. I substitute the bacon
to get the fat. And, after cooking the greens down the first time, and draining them, there seems to
be enough water left in them to cook, albeit slowly, for another hour or so. Never tried the beef
broth, but I wouldn't use more than a half cup or so.

You're right about letting them set. I usually make a batch witch will last about four big servings.
That last bowlful is always the best.

They are shrink wrap packed in the case where the salt pork and ham
hocks are at Publix. You get more smoky taste from them than bacon.

I'll look, but I don't think our Safeway carries them. Oh, and I meant to say, I never mix beef
broth and pork. If I need a liquid I'll use chicken broth. I think it goes better with pork. If I'm
making gravy to go with roast pork, for example, I'll use chicken broth. Works well.

Wow. If you didn't look like you were HIV-positive, you could get a job
at Waffle House.

Harry thinks anybody that isn't so bloated that their fingers look like
they are about to explode looks like they are HIV positive. He and Dr.
Fourchin must have always been obese!