Default Talk about slappin' your friends in the face...

....or maybe we aren't considered friends anymore!
http://thechronicleherald.ca/editori...ans-travel-fee

On 10/31/2011 2:52 PM, North Star wrote:
....or maybe we aren't considered friends anymore!
http://thechronicleherald.ca/editori...ans-travel-fee

Is $5.50 going to keep you from visiting your American friends?

--
1-20-13 The end of an error

On 31/10/2011 2:13 PM, Drifter wrote:
On 10/31/2011 2:52 PM, North Star wrote:
....or maybe we aren't considered friends anymore!
http://thechronicleherald.ca/editori...ans-travel-fee

Is $5.50 going to keep you from visiting your American friends?

Not at all.

If you book a 34 day Pacific cruise for 2 at say $15,000, you bet we
will pay $5.50 to book vacations and fly in the USA.

15% savings just from HST taxes. $2250 savings and that is not
including lower US rates for vacations which may easily triple the
savings. And why I have a USA credit card.

But it is an insult to your neighbors. $5.50 isn't going to fix DC
deficit, bailout and corruption spending short falls. Just shows
desperation and ignorance. Fosters anti-American sediments which in the
end will cost America more than $5.50. But given 0bama's administration
is about ****ing off your allies, well, guess from 0bama's perspective a
success.

But fortunately we have a good local tourist company and gives us good
rates where I am so we fly non-stop right over USA .... and no HST in
Alberta, just the smaller GST part.

Nova Scotian's screw themselves with HST.
--
The reason government can't fix the economic problems is government is
the problem.

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 14:23:36 -0600, Canuck57 wrote:

[...]

You're right about the insult. It's stupid. But it gives Obama another reason to increase the size
of the government. Gotta have a pot full of people tracking and spending that money, you know.

But fortunately we have a good local tourist company and gives us good
rates where I am so we fly non-stop right over USA .... and no HST in
Alberta, just the smaller GST part.

Nova Scotian's screw themselves with HST.

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 11:52:04 -0700 (PDT), North Star
wrote:

...or maybe we aren't considered friends anymore!
http://thechronicleherald.ca/editori...ans-travel-fee

==========

You can almost certainly blame your friend Harry's president for that.

Be glad we're not the Bahamas. It's $300 every time you go there with
a boat, twice for us last year coming and going from the Caribbean.

We have Canadian neighbors who go by our house in their boat almost
every day during the winter. Guess I'll have to put up a toll booth.
:-)

wrote:

...or maybe we aren't considered friends anymore!
http://thechronicleherald.ca/editori...ans-travel-fee

==========

You can almost certainly blame your friend Harry's president for that.

Be glad we're not the Bahamas. It's $300 every time you go there with
a boat, twice for us last year coming and going from the Caribbean.

We have Canadian neighbors who go by our house in their boat almost
every day during the winter. Guess I'll have to put up a toll booth.
:-)

If we had any leadership in Canada this could be fixed quick. Just say
no oil pipelines to USA, all goes to the west coast where countries with
real money at fair rates can buy it. No need to lock into the USA as a
customer. If USA wants it and can pay enough for it, a tanker can pick
it up from there.

Or charge US executives $30 to come to Canada. In CAD or USD whichever
is worth more.
--
The reason government can't fix the economic problems is government is
the problem.

In article om,
says...

On 10/31/2011 2:52 PM, North Star wrote:
....or maybe we aren't considered friends anymore!
http://thechronicleherald.ca/editori...ans-travel-fee

Is $5.50 going to keep you from visiting your American friends?

Hell, he could find enough crap in his yard to scrap and make at least
that much.

The face of liberal governance... Schitt's Creek Paddle and Canoe General 3 July 23rd 09 10:44 PM
Cheap Boat Face-Off Capt. Rob ASA 11 January 12th 06 03:25 PM
Such a pretty face. Capt. Neal® ASA 4 November 24th 04 09:37 AM
Slappin' Bob... Capt. Mooron ASA 10 September 23rd 03 02:53 AM