Canuck57[_9_] Canuck57[_9_] is offline

Default Talk about slappin' your friends in the face...

On 31/10/2011 2:13 PM, Drifter wrote:
On 10/31/2011 2:52 PM, North Star wrote:
....or maybe we aren't considered friends anymore!
http://thechronicleherald.ca/editori...ans-travel-fee

Is $5.50 going to keep you from visiting your American friends?

Not at all.

If you book a 34 day Pacific cruise for 2 at say $15,000, you bet we
will pay $5.50 to book vacations and fly in the USA.

15% savings just from HST taxes. $2250 savings and that is not
including lower US rates for vacations which may easily triple the
savings. And why I have a USA credit card.

But it is an insult to your neighbors. $5.50 isn't going to fix DC
deficit, bailout and corruption spending short falls. Just shows
desperation and ignorance. Fosters anti-American sediments which in the
end will cost America more than $5.50. But given 0bama's administration
is about ****ing off your allies, well, guess from 0bama's perspective a
success.

But fortunately we have a good local tourist company and gives us good
rates where I am so we fly non-stop right over USA .... and no HST in
Alberta, just the smaller GST part.

Nova Scotian's screw themselves with HST.
--
The reason government can't fix the economic problems is government is
the problem.