jps jps is offline

Default Police thugs injure Iraq vet

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 01:15:21 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 20:15:30 -0700, jps wrote:

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 20:32:37 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 16:50:09 -0700, jps wrote:

The city had erected a chain-link fence around the plaza in the
morning, and workers were mowing the grass and sweeping up remnants of
the encampment that was dismantled the day before. After the
encampment was cleared Tuesday, protesters began marching toward City
Hall in an attempt to re-establish a presence in the area of the
disbanded camp.

They went overboard. There was no threat to property, lives, etc.

You just don't like the message, aparently.

I haven't heard the message. This is just a rabble lashing out in the
dark at boogie men they can't even define. Why don't they go down and
protest in front of their doctor's office. He is a 1 percenter who is
driving up the cost of medical care, as are the 1 percenter lawyers.
Why not protest Apple, Microsoft and Google who made billions selling
them their gadgets while shipping all the jobs offshore?
If they are ****ed about their $100,000 college loan, why not protest
in front of the college that took all that money and still sent them
out into the world without any job skills?
I doubt anyone at the Oakland City Hall did anything to cause all of
their problems yet they are the ones who are having to tolerate the
protesters.

You just want to bitch instead of finding out what they're protesting.

They want to get the money out of politics and its effect on how the
country is run.

That simple enough for you?

I have signed the Ratigan get the money out petition.
That appears to be a small part of the complaints in OWS.

It's central to the movement.

wrote:

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 16:50:09 -0700, wrote:

[...]

Yes, and earlier this week I read a long list of "demands," really no
different than a political party platform, being circulated. I didn't
save it, but it was interesting and far-reaching and would result in a
restructuring of our society so that human needs finally outweighed
"property rights."

wrote:

[...]

Here's the document I saw...it's a good beginning...

https://sites.google.com/site/the99percentdeclaration/

On 10/28/2011 7:01 AM, X ` Man wrote:

Yes, and earlier this week I read a long list of "demands," really no
different than a political party platform, being circulated. I didn't
save it, but it was interesting and far-reaching and would result in a
restructuring of our society so that human needs finally outweighed
"property rights."

That would certainly upset your applecart. I can just see you giving up
your propery to satisfy others human needs. You must think its a great
idea so long as *YOU* are exempt.

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 08:54:43 -0400, Drifter wrote:

On 10/28/2011 7:01 AM, X ` Man wrote:

Yes, and earlier this week I read a long list of "demands," really no
different than a political party platform, being circulated. I didn't
save it, but it was interesting and far-reaching and would result in a
restructuring of our society so that human needs finally outweighed
"property rights."

That would certainly upset your applecart. I can just see you giving up
your propery to satisfy others human needs. You must think its a great
idea so long as *YOU* are exempt.

If you don't have a Ducati, you can't give up your Ducati.

On 10/28/11 9:13 AM, John H wrote:
On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 08:54:43 -0400, wrote:

On 10/28/2011 7:01 AM, X ` Man wrote:

Yes, and earlier this week I read a long list of "demands," really no
different than a political party platform, being circulated. I didn't
save it, but it was interesting and far-reaching and would result in a
restructuring of our society so that human needs finally outweighed
"property rights."

That would certainly upset your applecart. I can just see you giving up
your propery to satisfy others human needs. You must think its a great
idea so long as *YOU* are exempt.

If you don't have a Ducati, you can't give up your Ducati.

If you don't have compassion, you don't have a soul.

On 10/28/2011 9:21 AM, X ` Man wrote:
On 10/28/11 9:13 AM, John H wrote:
On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 08:54:43 -0400, wrote:

On 10/28/2011 7:01 AM, X ` Man wrote:

Yes, and earlier this week I read a long list of "demands," really no
different than a political party platform, being circulated. I didn't
save it, but it was interesting and far-reaching and would result in a
restructuring of our society so that human needs finally outweighed
"property rights."

That would certainly upset your applecart. I can just see you giving up
your propery to satisfy others human needs. You must think its a great
idea so long as *YOU* are exempt.

If you don't have a Ducati, you can't give up your Ducati.

If you don't have compassion, you don't have a soul.

Who told you that? Couldn't have been an athiest or an agnostic.
jps jps is offline

wrote:

[...]

Notice the first three points are about dealing with money in
politics.

wrote:

[...]

It's a huge part of our current political problems.