Rpk

Default '89 Bayliner HELP!!

I'm looking for a repair manual for both the engine Ford 2.3 4cyl (I want
to rebuild this winter) and OMC outdrive.

Thanks

scottht

Oooo, this might be the wrong place to ask that question.

Rpk wrote:

I'm looking for a repair manual for both the engine Ford 2.3 4cyl (I want
to rebuild this winter) and OMC outdrive.

Thanks

Trainfan1

"megabite" wrote in message
A "Ford" 4 Cyl. in a Bayliner?...........positive?

Oh yea, it was the base model Cobra in that vintage...

Rob
*
*
*

Snafu

How about this Clymer manual?
http://www.primediabooks.com/Product....asp?PRDID=472
They are available at most marine supply stores and the big book stores.

"Rpk" wrote in message
I'm looking for a repair manual for both the engine Ford 2.3 4cyl (I

want
to rebuild this winter) and OMC outdrive.

Thanks

Paul

Oooo, this might be the wrong place to ask that question.

Hehe, my thoughts exactly when I saw the subject line. I wasn't sure if I
wanted to open the thread.

Bob D.

I know. I am suprised to hear this as well. I thought the only four
cylinders that were used were GM and Volvos.

"Rpk" wrote in message
I'm looking for a repair manual for both the engine Ford 2.3 4cyl (I

want
to rebuild this winter) and OMC outdrive.

Thanks

Garth Almgren

Roughly 10/2/2003 7:42 AM, Bob D. wrote:

I know. I am suprised to hear this as well. I thought the only four
cylinders that were used were GM and Volvos.

Before he repowered, my uncle's 28' Bayliner had twin Ford aluminum 3.8L
I4 engines. Basically, a 460 split in two; it used the same pistons and
one head from a 460.

--
~/Garth
Almgren

Jim Kelly

Actually, it was a Mercruiser designed aluminum block with a Ford cast iron
head. This engine has nothing in common with the 4 cylinder Ford based
Cobra engine. The Cobra is a 2.3 liter, overhead cam, Mustang/Tempo
derivative which was rated at 128 hp. It had a maximum rpm rating of 5200
rpm and exhibited poor low speed torque. The 3.0 liter GM was used
concurrently with the Cobra drive and was a much better choice.

Garth Almgren wrote:

Roughly 10/2/2003 7:42 AM, Bob D. wrote:

I know. I am suprised to hear this as well. I thought the only four
cylinders that were used were GM and Volvos.

Before he repowered, my uncle's 28' Bayliner had twin Ford aluminum 3.8L
I4 engines. Basically, a 460 split in two; it used the same pistons and
one head from a 460.

--
~/Garth
Almgren
*******
(To e-mail me, look in a mirror)

Prop Size 1990 Bayliner 22.55 Ciera Sunbridge J K General 1 September 15th 03 10:32 PM
Bayliner 2858 Command bridge (1987) Manitoumagic General 4 September 2nd 03 12:23 AM
Bayliner Bashing JML General 8 August 5th 03 01:04 PM
FS: 1989 Bayliner 2955 Avanti Sundbridge Cruiser!! JohnH General 1 July 29th 03 01:59 AM
'89 Bayliner 2.3 Engine puked Rpk General 1 July 22nd 03 11:06 PM