Jim Kelly

Default '89 Bayliner HELP!!

Actually, it was a Mercruiser designed aluminum block with a Ford cast iron
head. This engine has nothing in common with the 4 cylinder Ford based
Cobra engine. The Cobra is a 2.3 liter, overhead cam, Mustang/Tempo
derivative which was rated at 128 hp. It had a maximum rpm rating of 5200
rpm and exhibited poor low speed torque. The 3.0 liter GM was used
concurrently with the Cobra drive and was a much better choice.

Garth Almgren wrote:

Roughly 10/2/2003 7:42 AM, Bob D. wrote:

I know. I am suprised to hear this as well. I thought the only four
cylinders that were used were GM and Volvos.

Before he repowered, my uncle's 28' Bayliner had twin Ford aluminum 3.8L
I4 engines. Basically, a 460 split in two; it used the same pistons and
one head from a 460.

--
~/Garth
Almgren