BoatBanter.com

-   -   '89 Bayliner HELP!! (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/1381-89-bayliner-help.html)

Rpk October 1st 03 07:27 PM

'89 Bayliner HELP!!

I'm looking for a repair manual for both the engine Ford 2.3 4cyl (I want
to rebuild this winter) and OMC outdrive.

Thanks

scottht October 2nd 03 12:28 AM

'89 Bayliner HELP!!

Oooo, this might be the wrong place to ask that question.

Trainfan1 October 2nd 03 12:45 AM

'89 Bayliner HELP!!

"megabite" wrote in message
A "Ford" 4 Cyl. in a Bayliner?...........positive?

Oh yea, it was the base model Cobra in that vintage...

Rob
*
*
*

Snafu October 2nd 03 01:10 AM

'89 Bayliner HELP!!

How about this Clymer manual?
http://www.primediabooks.com/Product....asp?PRDID=472
They are available at most marine supply stores and the big book stores.

Paul October 2nd 03 02:05 PM

'89 Bayliner HELP!!

Oooo, this might be the wrong place to ask that question.

Hehe, my thoughts exactly when I saw the subject line. I wasn't sure if I
wanted to open the thread.

Bob D. October 2nd 03 03:42 PM

'89 Bayliner HELP!!

I know. I am suprised to hear this as well. I thought the only four
cylinders that were used were GM and Volvos.

Garth Almgren October 3rd 03 05:43 PM

'89 Bayliner HELP!!

Roughly 10/2/2003 7:42 AM, Bob D. wrote:

I know. I am suprised to hear this as well. I thought the only four
cylinders that were used were GM and Volvos.

Before he repowered, my uncle's 28' Bayliner had twin Ford aluminum 3.8L
I4 engines. Basically, a 460 split in two; it used the same pistons and
one head from a 460.

--
~/Garth
Almgren

Jim Kelly October 4th 03 02:07 AM

'89 Bayliner HELP!!

Actually, it was a Mercruiser designed aluminum block with a Ford cast iron
head. This engine has nothing in common with the 4 cylinder Ford based
Cobra engine. The Cobra is a 2.3 liter, overhead cam, Mustang/Tempo
derivative which was rated at 128 hp. It had a maximum rpm rating of 5200
rpm and exhibited poor low speed torque. The 3.0 liter GM was used
concurrently with the Cobra drive and was a much better choice.