Default Scallops and tubing

Took my 20' Tolman out yesterday scalloping. Started from St. Marks,
Fl went 5 miles downriver, a mile out and then 5 miles east to the
flats. Snorkelled with the kids for a couple of hours and got enough
for a good meal. Back to the river and towed the kids on the tube
upriver and then spent another hour and a half towing them up and down
the river. Total fuel expended.........almost 6 gals.
This is with 6 people aboard. Powered by a 90 hp 2 cycle Yamaha she
is remarkably fuel efficient.
For the last 15 yrs, I have been unable too snorkel becuase my eyes
had gotten so bad I could not see even with the normal prescription
goggles and I cannot wear contacts. I spent $250 on custom
prescription goggles and it is like I remember from years
ago.........able to snorkel for hours. I'd forgotten how much I'd
given up when I could no longer do it.
On the downside, my son in trying to prove to his buddy that he knew
how to handle the boat managed to run it against a piling while
putting it on the trailer and took a wood chunk out of the side
strake. No problem, I built her, I can easily fix her. Of course, I
made an excuse for him that the tow rope caught in the steering so he
would not lose face in front of his friend and said it would be no
prob to fix.

On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 10:07:19 -0700 (PDT), Frogwatch wrote:

[...]

Sounds like a blast, Froggie. Glad to hear you could get prescription goggles.

Skunked by scallops Frogwatch General 2 August 9th 09 03:14 AM
More scallops [email protected] General 0 August 16th 08 03:27 AM
Expensive scallops [email protected] General 9 August 10th 08 04:25 AM
Tubing Gary[_2_] General 2 May 26th 08 02:35 PM
Scallops and a comeuppance Frogwatch General 10 September 7th 07 02:26 AM