Default Tubing

Hi,

I have a quick question about pulling a tube behind a run-about. The tube
pulls well, but when I make a turn the tube submarines below the wake
instead of floating over it.

Additional information that may or may not effect this situation: The rope I
use to tie the tube has a lot of stretch. The place where the line is
connected to the transom is very low (but it is the highest connection point
available on the boat).

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Gary

Gary wrote:
Hi,

I have a quick question about pulling a tube behind a run-about. The
tube pulls well, but when I make a turn the tube submarines below the
wake instead of floating over it.

Additional information that may or may not effect this situation: The
rope I use to tie the tube has a lot of stretch. The place where the
line is connected to the transom is very low (but it is the highest
connection point available on the boat).

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Gary

Gary,
If you notice, the boat wake is probably pulling the tow line underwater
as you turn, but none the less, you will have to buy a ski pylon to
solve your problem, you can pick them up at most Marine stores for about
$200. With the cost of fuel today, that is about one tank of gas.

"Gary" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a quick question about pulling a tube behind a run-about. The tube
pulls well, but when I make a turn the tube submarines below the wake
instead of floating over it.

Additional information that may or may not effect this situation: The rope
I use to tie the tube has a lot of stretch. The place where the line is
connected to the transom is very low (but it is the highest connection
point available on the boat).

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Gary

Raising the rope attachment point would help. But you can just tell your
tubers to lean back a bit as the tube approaches the wake. And lake sure
you are going fast enough that the tube is on top of the water, not in it.
Weight forward on any tube causes it to submarine. Our teen and her friends
do it on purpose sometimes cause it throws everyone off the front of the
tube.