Reginald P. Smithers III[_9_] Reginald P. Smithers III[_9_] is offline

Default Tubing

Gary wrote:
Hi,

I have a quick question about pulling a tube behind a run-about. The
tube pulls well, but when I make a turn the tube submarines below the
wake instead of floating over it.

Additional information that may or may not effect this situation: The
rope I use to tie the tube has a lot of stretch. The place where the
line is connected to the transom is very low (but it is the highest
connection point available on the boat).

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Gary

Gary,
If you notice, the boat wake is probably pulling the tow line underwater
as you turn, but none the less, you will have to buy a ski pylon to
solve your problem, you can pick them up at most Marine stores for about
$200. With the cost of fuel today, that is about one tank of gas.