Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Expensive scallops

Scallop season (bay scallops) started July 1 but we were in Wyoming
for all of July so tomorrow is our first opportunity to go get em.
This has become expensive: salt water licenses for 3 people=$41.00.
Two dive masks=$50 (our old ones got lost over the years). Fishing
stuff for when one of the kids gets bored scalloping =$40. New clip
on polarized sunglasses =$7.00. Batteries for the GPS, sunscreen, a
hat, chips, ice $25.00. Fuel for the Dodge Ram to get there and back
towing the boat $20.00, Gas for the boat, $25.00. This is effin
insane.
If we really did this more it might be worth it but I know my wife
will not go fishing again for a year, neither will my son. The masks
will probably get used two more times in the course of a year
snorkelling in springs.

An Expensive Day! Capt. Rob ASA 0 September 7th 07 06:08 PM
Scallops and a comeuppance Frogwatch General 10 September 7th 07 02:26 AM
Now *she* is an expensive date! Harry Krause General 2 August 22nd 04 06:23 PM
Very Expensive Canoe TB General 9 July 13th 04 02:58 AM
Expensive spring launch Coff General 3 April 10th 04 06:14 AM