Harry Krause

Default Now *she* is an expensive date!

Woman Chows 38 Lobsters in Eating Contest

By SARA LEITCH, Associated Press Writer

KENNEBUNK, Maine - America's top speed-eater wolfed down 38 lobsters in
12 minutes Saturday to win the World Lobster Eating Contest.

Sonya Thomas, of Alexandria, Va., won $500 and a trophy belt for her
efforts, consuming 9.76 pounds of lobster meat.

Each contestant had a partner cracking the shells and pulling out the
meat. Eleven competitors ate as many lobsters as they could in a
12-minute period, devouring a total of 300 pounds of the unshelled
crustaceans.

"I have a natural ability because of my stomach capacity," said Thomas,
who weighs a mere 105 pounds. "I could eat more, but something else —
not a lobster."

The competition, only in its second year, sought to elevate Maine into
the big leagues of competitive eating, alongside New York's Coney Island
with its Nathan's Famous hot dogs and New Orleans with its oysters.

This year's competition at the Pilot House Grill & Boatyard was
sanctioned by the International Federation of Competitive Eating, which
ranked Thomas the country's top speed-eater.

Thomas was coming off a baked bean victory days before in Indiana, where
she consumed 8.4 pounds of beans with pork in 2 minutes and 47 seconds.
She also holds records for hard-boiled eggs.

What a woman!
--
Save America - Defeat Bush!
Short Wave Sportfishing

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 23:01:35 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

[...]

There is something obscene about "eating" contests. I wonder how
somebody in the Sudan would view a Nathan's Hot Dog contest while
eating essentially dirt. Or an elder couple eating cat food.

Food isn't for "contests".

Did I mention that eating contests are obscene?

If I didn't, they are.

Sorry - pet peeve.

What a woman!

Save America - Defeat Bush!

Um...Harry? Was this a pun? :)

Later,

Tom

John Gaquin

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Woman Chows 38 Lobsters in Eating Contest

By SARA LEITCH, Associated Press Writer

KENNEBUNK, Maine - America's top speed-eater wolfed down 38 lobsters in
12 minutes Saturday to win the World Lobster Eating Contest.

Tragic waste of 36 lobsters!

Salmon Date Danno Shaffer General 0 July 26th 04 07:50 PM
Expensive spring launch Coff General 3 April 10th 04 06:14 AM
Glasgow date for Charlie Munsey tour Dave Manby UK Paddle 0 January 24th 04 07:02 PM
The Real Imposter! Anonymous ASA 2 November 3rd 03 08:56 AM
Getting a date with younger women -advice for sailors Simple Simon ASA 12 September 7th 03 05:48 AM