Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Skunked by scallops

Went out in the Tolman east of the St Marks light where we had such
good luck last year scalloping. We'd heard they were very few and
that was correct. After a couple hours we only had 15 so back in the
water they went.
Went up the St. Marks River as far as Newport and saw three manatees
including a baby. Mom had prop scars on her back. Saw gators and
other stuff.
Put boat back on and went to Sulfur Spring to see all the rednecks
there but could not turn the trailer around so had to continue another
10 miles on seriously rutted road. My kicker mount broke off which
was no tragedy but I will have to replace it. Rutted roads are no
place for boat trailers.
Not bad for a N. FL mid August day.