Tim Tim is offline

Default Great talking with you Wayne!

In amongst our conversation, I was talking about "Gandalf the Green",
a sailing vessel that caught my attention in rec.boats.cruising. At
the instant of concern, it was in Tailand and was fine, but another
story caught my eye, and it was this one....

http://www.sailingmagazine.net/compo...?directory=152

BTW, I thought it was a 40 ft, sloop. I was wrong. it's 47ft, steel
hulled cutter.
Tim Tim is offline

http://www.sailingmagazine.net/compo...e/24-afloat/67...

BTW, I thought it was a 40 ft, sloop. I was wrong. it's 47ft, steel
hulled cutter.

More of the incident.

http://www.sail-world.com/USA/index....=0&tickerCID=0

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 18:15:02 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Aug 17, 8:02*pm, Tim wrote:
In amongst our conversation, I was talking about "Gandalf the Green",
a sailing vessel that caught my attention in rec.boats.cruising. *At
the instant of concern, it was in Tailand and was fine, but another
story caught my eye, and it was this one....

http://www.sailingmagazine.net/compo...e/24-afloat/67...

BTW, I thought it was a 40 ft, sloop. I was wrong. it's 47ft, steel
hulled cutter.

More of the incident.

http://www.sail-world.com/USA/index....=0&tickerCID=0

=========

No one who values their life or their boat should be sailing in the
Gulf of Aden, with or without a gun. It's like walking around in a
tough inner city neighborhood at night with a sign that says: "I'm a
tourist".

The penalties for getting caught with an illegal gun in some countries
are almost as severe as a pirate attack. We met a family last year in
the islands that had a beautiful home made 53 ft sailboat. The
details and finish were professional in every respect and one of it's
"features" was a hidden/secret gun compartment. It was empty.

Tim Tim is offline

http://www.sail-world.com/USA/index....8&SRCID=0&ntid...

=========

No one who values their life or their boat should be sailing in the
Gulf of Aden, with or without a gun. *It's like walking around in a
tough inner city neighborhood at night with a sign that says: "I'm a
tourist". *

The penalties for getting caught with an illegal gun in some countries
are almost as severe as a pirate attack. *We met a family last year in
the islands that had a beautiful home made 53 ft sailboat. *The
details and finish were professional in every respect and one of it's
"features" was a hidden/secret gun compartment. *It was empty.

Best thing to do is to stay out of there! I agree. Ont he other
hand... beautiful boat, though.

wrote:

On Aug 17, 8:02 pm, wrote:
[...]

Hey, I just had a great idea for a tourist business. You arm the teeth
out of a bunch of vacationing executives and send them out on a "bait
boat" to the gulf. When the pirates come, the executives get to open up
on them with everything they got. You could have a pool for things like
who blew the first pirates head clean off his body, and who killed the
most pirates, who sunk the first pirate vessel, etc...

It would be like a cross between the two tv shows, bait car and cash
cab...

Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

On Aug 17, 8:02 pm, *wrote:
[...]

LOL!

Or....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnMLGkj91Og

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 23:44:18 -0400, JustWait
wrote:

wrote:

On Aug 17, 8:02 pm, wrote:
[...]

==========

Great idea, now you just need to find a friendly home port in that
part of the world that won't mind you showing up with a boat load of
weapons and infidels on board.

You could charge extra for training sessions with advanced weaponry
like RPGs and heat seeking missiles.

wrote:

On Aug 17, 8:02 pm, wrote:
[...]

Doesn't mean it wasn't somewhere else.

I would probably have 2 hidden somewhere on a 40-50 footer.

--
Flea party (leftie) fear, begets flea party smear.

wrote:

On Aug 17, 8:02 pm, wrote:
[...]

http://maggiesfarm.anotherdotcom.com...ng-Cruise.html

http://www.gadling.com/2009/06/29/ru...f-somali-coas/

Would make a great reality show. Kill a pirate.

On 8/18/2011 12:03 AM, Tim wrote:

wrote:

On Aug 17, 8:02 pm, wrote:
[...]

Yeah, you could make it a theme trip. All the rich executives could do a
western theme or a Dirty Harry theme, and all dress up to kill the
pirates... Imagine the possibilities. Kids could have birthday parties
and do a powerpuffs girls theme, dress up like Sailor moon, and blow the
hell out of the pirates. Instead of pin the tail on the donkey, you
could play, pin the 50 caliber tracer in the pirates eye Of course
there would be a few highly trained ex special forces there to "help"
the kids with the big booms...

YO! LG and Wayne John H[_2_] General 22 September 10th 11 09:45 AM
Yo Wayne John H[_2_] General 8 January 30th 11 02:04 AM
Great talking with you Scotty... Tim General 42 December 10th 08 09:41 PM
Great talking with you Scotty... Tim General 10 September 9th 08 03:55 PM
Great Canal and Great Lake trip site Roger Long Cruising 3 June 7th 05 03:21 PM