Canuck57[_9_] Canuck57[_9_] is offline

Default Great talking with you Wayne!

On 17/08/2011 8:14 PM, Wayne B wrote:
On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 18:15:02 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Aug 17, 8:02 pm, wrote:
In amongst our conversation, I was talking about "Gandalf the Green",
a sailing vessel that caught my attention in rec.boats.cruising. At
the instant of concern, it was in Tailand and was fine, but another
story caught my eye, and it was this one....

http://www.sailingmagazine.net/compo...e/24-afloat/67...

BTW, I thought it was a 40 ft, sloop. I was wrong. it's 47ft, steel
hulled cutter.

More of the incident.

http://www.sail-world.com/USA/index....=0&tickerCID=0

=========

No one who values their life or their boat should be sailing in the
Gulf of Aden, with or without a gun. It's like walking around in a
tough inner city neighborhood at night with a sign that says: "I'm a
tourist".

The penalties for getting caught with an illegal gun in some countries
are almost as severe as a pirate attack. We met a family last year in
the islands that had a beautiful home made 53 ft sailboat. The
details and finish were professional in every respect and one of it's
"features" was a hidden/secret gun compartment. It was empty.

Doesn't mean it wasn't somewhere else.

I would probably have 2 hidden somewhere on a 40-50 footer.

--
Flea party (leftie) fear, begets flea party smear.