Default Boating! Spent the day at Lake Anna...

....which is about an hour and a half from my house, but only 45 minutes from Renee's in Richmond.
Her kids love the place, and on weekdays it's pretty calm. On weekends, in the summer, it's often
hard to find a place to park a truck with trailer. The marinas with launch ramps get full pretty
quickly, as does the state park. Once the parking places in the state park are gone, they shut the
gates.

Here's the rig loaded up and ready to go. I'm thinking I need a bigger boat - something to provide
the truck a little challenge!

http://tinyurl.com/3pg29fv

Two of Renee's kids. The old one, 13, was at golf camp and couldn't make it.

http://tinyurl.com/3veaxjo

Whoops! Found a spot of dirt - damn!

http://tinyurl.com/3rbml5c

Lake Anna was created by damming the North Anna River, so there are plenty of little islands - some
with nice little beaches.

http://tinyurl.com/3onpw4m

He says this is fun -

http://tinyurl.com/3pbwgqk

But - this was a lot more fun!

http://tinyurl.com/3ll6ct9

We had a great time. Hope ya'll did too!

On 30/07/2011 11:21 AM, John H wrote:
[...]

The kids will fondly remember these days forever.

--
Seems like paying your bills with real money is no longer the accepted
behavior in USA. Perhaps that is the problem and not the the solution.

On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 13:21:11 -0400, John H
wrote:

[...]

==================================

Good pictures John, thank you.

Tim Tim is offline

On Jul 30, 12:21*pm, John H wrote:
[...]

Thanks John. This post is refreshing here in wreck=-land!

On Tue, 2 Aug 2011 11:22:58 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

On Jul 30, 12:21*pm, John H wrote:
[...]

We just got back from a week of fun down at Solomons Island. Took the daughters and all the kids.
Had a blast. Renee's husband could only make one day 'cause he got called for jury duty! Oh well.

On Jul 30, 12:21*pm, John H wrote:
[...]

Did you see any blacks? I'm sure that would have ruined your fun.

wrote:

On Tue, 2 Aug 2011 11:22:58 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Jul 30, 12:21 pm, John wrote:
[...]

Herring usually stays at the taxpayer-subsided naval recreational center
at Solomons. He's against government spending, except when it benefits
him. Oh...blacks...I'm sure there were some down there. just as I am
sure Herring made sotto voce comments about their presence.

--
Don't forget to leave a bit of beef for rec.boat's right-wing
conservatrashers and ID spoofers to feed upon. The more they feed, the

In article ,
says...

On Jul 30, 12:21 pm, John wrote:
[...]

You stupid spoofer! How can you be "sure" of something you've not seen?

On Jul 30, 12:21 pm, John wrote:
[...]

I don't think he knows what sotto voce means. He probably just
whispers to his other racist buddies.

On Sat, 6 Aug 2011 13:42:29 -0400, X-Man wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Jul 30, 12:21 pm, John wrote:
[...]

Pass on to the boy - the government doesn't subsidize anything. Taxpayers, like his wife and I,
subsidize things. But, at $255 per night for me, there probably wasn't *much* subsidizing going on!

I wonder how the boy feels about subsidizing the loss of the 22 SEALS. I feel like ****. It's hard
to believe NBC is asking "who's responsible?". Obviously they don't know the guy in the big White
House is responsible.

Another great Lake Anna day. John H[_2_] General 121 August 23rd 10 02:37 PM
Great Day at Lake Anna, VA John H[_2_] General 6 August 5th 10 06:45 PM
Lake boating Frogwatch[_2_] General 30 March 21st 09 04:05 AM
Houseboating Memorial Day Lake Mead and Lake Mohave USATraveler General 2 May 19th 06 05:26 PM