Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Boating! Spent the day at Lake Anna...

....which is about an hour and a half from my house, but only 45 minutes from Renee's in Richmond.
Her kids love the place, and on weekdays it's pretty calm. On weekends, in the summer, it's often
hard to find a place to park a truck with trailer. The marinas with launch ramps get full pretty
quickly, as does the state park. Once the parking places in the state park are gone, they shut the
gates.

Here's the rig loaded up and ready to go. I'm thinking I need a bigger boat - something to provide
the truck a little challenge!

http://tinyurl.com/3pg29fv

Two of Renee's kids. The old one, 13, was at golf camp and couldn't make it.

http://tinyurl.com/3veaxjo

Whoops! Found a spot of dirt - damn!

http://tinyurl.com/3rbml5c

Lake Anna was created by damming the North Anna River, so there are plenty of little islands - some
with nice little beaches.

http://tinyurl.com/3onpw4m

He says this is fun -

http://tinyurl.com/3pbwgqk

But - this was a lot more fun!

http://tinyurl.com/3ll6ct9

We had a great time. Hope ya'll did too!

Another great Lake Anna day. John H[_2_] General 121 August 23rd 10 02:37 PM
Great Day at Lake Anna, VA John H[_2_] General 6 August 5th 10 06:45 PM
Lake boating Frogwatch[_2_] General 30 March 21st 09 04:05 AM
Houseboating Memorial Day Lake Mead and Lake Mohave USATraveler General 2 May 19th 06 05:26 PM