Default how to save $8 trillion

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 18:54:57 -0400, LilAbner wrote:

On 7/22/2011 3:43 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 12:16:36 -0400, wrote:

On 7/22/2011 12:08 PM,
wrote:
The easy, painless way to save $2T: PEACE

Each one of the following would save up to $1 trillion, or more, over
the next ten years. Guess what? The teabaggers are opposed to all of
them, including the $2T for not fighting any more wars for a while.

$1T: We could let the Bush tax cuts for the rich expire. (“No! No!”
shout the Koch brothers.)

$1T: We could let Medicare negotiate the price of drugs, the way that
the VA and private insurance companies already do.

$1T: We could require the rich to pay the same percentage of their
income toward Social Security and Medicare as the poor and the middle
class do. Not a higher percentage – my God, that would be progressive
taxation! Just the same percentage.

$1T: We could impose the same alternative minimum tax on giant
corporations that we mere humans must pay.

$1T: We could reduce U.S. military spending to a paltry 40% of the
world’s total, from the current 48%, which would still leave us
spending four times as much as any other nation.

$1T: We could make Warren Buffett pay the same tax rate on his income
as his secretary pays on hers, by eliminating the long-term capital
gains tax break, the great majority of which goes to the hyper-rich.
You going to get Islamic terrorists, China, Somolia pirates to cut their
budget too.

Huh? Terrorists are an overblown threat. China is a business rival,
and Somalia pirates have nothing to do with our debt.

You have blinders on.

Stunning rejoinder. Obviously, you graduated from 6th grade!

wrote:
[...]

It deserves a better answer than that. She put a lot of thought into it.

wrote:
[...]

Don't feel like feeding the troll. I assume she knows as much as anyone
else?

wrote:
[...]

I bet you even got a certificate! Way to go. Let us know when you
graduated from high school.

wrote:
[...]

So, basically, you're unable to address any of the points about saving
money. Instead, you'd rather just blame Obama or jihadists or ?

On 7/22/2011 7:30 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 19:24:44 -0400, wrote:

wrote:
[...]

keep up you school work and you can too someday.

wrote:
[...]

Did I blame anyone? If I did they claimed it. don't listen to their
words. Listen to what they are doing. Reading for comprehension was in
the fiffth grade.

What does a trillion dollars look like? Lu Powell[_7_] General 10 June 30th 09 11:15 PM
7.4 Trillion! 7.4!!!! Charles Momsen ASA 52 November 26th 08 09:06 PM
1+ trillion dollar bailouts redbard ASA 1 September 21st 08 04:12 PM
$7 Trillion on Iraq? HK General 53 March 3rd 08 12:18 AM
Save Yourself, Save a Jew? Calif Bill General 82 March 4th 05 07:30 PM