BoatBanter.com

-   -   how to save $8 trillion (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/136144-how-save-%248-trillion.html)

[email protected] July 22nd 11 05:08 PM

how to save $8 trillion

The easy, painless way to save $2T: PEACE

Each one of the following would save up to $1 trillion, or more, over
the next ten years. Guess what? The teabaggers are opposed to all of
them, including the $2T for not fighting any more wars for a while.

$1T: We could let the Bush tax cuts for the rich expire. (“No! No!”
shout the Koch brothers.)

$1T: We could let Medicare negotiate the price of drugs, the way that
the VA and private insurance companies already do.

$1T: We could require the rich to pay the same percentage of their
income toward Social Security and Medicare as the poor and the middle
class do. Not a higher percentage – my God, that would be progressive
taxation! Just the same percentage.

$1T: We could impose the same alternative minimum tax on giant
corporations that we mere humans must pay.

$1T: We could reduce U.S. military spending to a paltry 40% of the
world’s total, from the current 48%, which would still leave us
spending four times as much as any other nation.

$1T: We could make Warren Buffett pay the same tax rate on his income
as his secretary pays on hers, by eliminating the long-term capital
gains tax break, the great majority of which goes to the hyper-rich.

Florida Jim July 22nd 11 05:11 PM

how to save $8 trillion

On 7/22/2011 12:08 PM, wrote:
The easy, painless way to save $2T: PEACE

World peace won't happen in your lifetime. Sorry!

LilAbner[_3_] July 22nd 11 05:16 PM

how to save $8 trillion

On 7/22/2011 12:08 PM, wrote:
[...]

You going to get Islamic terrorists, China, Somolia pirates to cut their
budget too.

Canuck57[_9_] July 22nd 11 06:21 PM

how to save $8 trillion

On 22/07/2011 10:16 AM, LilAbner wrote:
On 7/22/2011 12:08 PM, wrote:
[...]

You can still fight a war for less than 40% of the cost, who is kidding
who? Fact is the politicians chose the most expensive, most
inefficient, least effective way to fight wars for political posturing.

Change those inputs and war become cheap.

Somalia pirates? 50mm rounds from a cruiser is all it takes. No need
to even see if there are survivors. Kill pirates on sight. No need to
chase or arrest them with 3 aircraft carriers and F22s.

At the port where pirates hide out, just firebomb the place off the map.
One strike, 1000 dead pirates. Game over.

Why China, they are peaceful, have had a lot less interfering wars with
other countries than the USA in the last 100 years. The real war
mongers are in America. A force 20 times bigger than is needed for
domestic sovereignty and security. Can kill like no other.

Oh, I see, you want war with China to welsh on that huge debts American
politicians owe them. $1.6 trillion of treasuries Chinese own, then the
few trillion in trade paper because Americans are greedy welshers? Is
that what you mean?

Isn't it easier to just pay your damned bills with real money than start
WW III?

--
What government fears the most is that the people correctly learn that
they need government less than the government needs them.

John H[_2_] July 22nd 11 07:05 PM

how to save $8 trillion

Tell that to the dip**** running the country.

[email protected] July 22nd 11 08:43 PM

how to save $8 trillion

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 12:16:36 -0400, LilAbner wrote:

On 7/22/2011 12:08 PM, wrote:
[...]

Huh? Terrorists are an overblown threat. China is a business rival,
and Somalia pirates have nothing to do with our debt.

[email protected] July 22nd 11 08:44 PM

how to save $8 trillion

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 11:05:30 -0700 (PDT), John H
wrote:

On Jul 22, 12:08*pm, wrote:
The easy, painless way to save $2T: *PEACE

Tell that to the dip**** running the country.

Sorry, but you're the dip**** and you're not running anything. You are
running away from the truth, however.

[email protected] July 22nd 11 08:45 PM

how to save $8 trillion

On 7/22/2011 12:08 PM, wrote:
[...]

My my... even the lunatic racist occasionally has a worthwhile post!
Way to go Knuckles!

Harryk July 22nd 11 11:20 PM

how to save $8 trillion

wrote:

On Jul 22, 12:08 pm, wrote:
The easy, painless way to save $2T: PEACE

Tell that to the dip**** running the country.

Sorry, but you're the dip**** and you're not running anything. You are
running away from the truth, however.

John Herring: ill-mannered, right-wing, racist dip****. Describes him to
a tee.

LilAbner[_3_] July 22nd 11 11:54 PM

how to save $8 trillion

On 7/22/2011 3:43 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 12:16:36 -0400, wrote:

On 7/22/2011 12:08 PM,
wrote:
[...]

You have blinders on.