Matt

Default Winterize Mercruiser

I am going to attempt to winterize my boat on my own this year. I have a 94
Chaparral w/ 5.7 V8 Mercruiser. Does anyone know of any links to checklists
or step by step things to do when winterizing? Also any
suggstions/tips/pointers from anyone who has been winterizing for a while is
appreciated!

Thanks

Wayne.B

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 22:48:30 -0400, "Matt"
wrote:
I am going to attempt to winterize my boat on my own this year. I have a 94
Chaparral w/ 5.7 V8 Mercruiser. Does anyone know of any links to checklists
or step by step things to do when winterizing? Also any
suggstions/tips/pointers from anyone who has been winterizing for a while is
appreciated!

============

I just winterized mine by taking it to Florida. Highly recommended.

:-)

If that doesn't work for you , try this:

http://www.brownsmarina.com/tech-winter-inboard.html

Wildest Dream

I followed that last yr. and froze my engine due to not warming it up enough
to open the thermostat and get the antifreeze into the block and oil cooler
froze that too. Just had to replace 2 freeze out plugs and solder the end
cap back onto the oil cooler though about a $10 job do it yourself, ran good
this yr. just allot of rain and no time to go out. I hope I learned my
lesson and will try it again soon, Nov.. 1st is just around the corner, GB
GL by the way I have a Cobra but an engine is an engine they all burn fuel
and lube with oil. I think OB and I/O and IB may be slightly different
though.

wrote:
I am going to attempt to winterize my boat on my own this year. I have a

94
Chaparral w/ 5.7 V8 Mercruiser. Does anyone know of any links to

checklists
or step by step things to do when winterizing? Also any
suggstions/tips/pointers from anyone who has been winterizing for a while

is
appreciated!

============

I just winterized mine by taking it to Florida. Highly recommended.

:-)

If that doesn't work for you , try this:

http://www.brownsmarina.com/tech-winter-inboard.html

Wayne.B

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 03:24:00 GMT, "Wildest Dream"
wrote:

I think OB and I/O and IB may be slightly different
though.

===================================

The bigest difference is between raw water cooling and closed cooling
with a heat exchanger. With a closed cooling system the thermostat is
not an issue because there is already antifreeze on the engine side
(or should be).

If you first get the engine up to operating temperature as Dave Brown
advises, you should not have a problem. If you are a "belt and
suspenders" type, drain the block afterwards and be really sure.

MerCruiser stalling Bill General 9 September 30th 03 04:18 AM
Mercruiser 120 and Delco EST igntion Trainfan1 General 0 August 29th 03 02:58 AM
? Mercruiser oil vs synethic oil frank news General 0 August 14th 03 10:42 PM
Need help Properller size Mercruiser Alpha One minhxn General 6 July 16th 03 01:43 PM
Need Help - Mercruiser 5.7 Jake General 0 July 12th 03 07:30 AM