Default Noiseless generator

A while back, I saw a propane powered Sterling engine being sold by a
company and considered applications. An obvious app would be for a
"noiseless" generator as a Sterling is external combustion only using
the propane to heat the working fluid. If I remember right, it would
be sorta heavy but if noise is truly an issue.............

On 6/23/11 11:26 AM, Frogwatch wrote:
A while back, I saw a propane powered Sterling engine being sold by a
company and considered applications. An obvious app would be for a
"noiseless" generator as a Sterling is external combustion only using
the propane to heat the working fluid. If I remember right, it would
be sorta heavy but if noise is truly an issue.............

Noise shouldn't be an issue on these new Honda generators, not even in
an anchorage. In fact, a week or so ago I spent the night aboard our
boat and a fellow was running a Honda generator for a while a couple of
slips away, and I couldn't hear it. A couple of drunks in a SeaRay at
the end of the dock and the clanging of various pieces of sailboat
rigging, halyards, stays, et cetera, made a lot more noise.

--
Want to discuss recreational boating and fishing in a forum where
personal insults are not allowed?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing

On 6/23/11 12:00 PM, Harryk wrote:
On 6/23/11 11:26 AM, Frogwatch wrote:
A while back, I saw a propane powered Sterling engine being sold by a
company and considered applications. An obvious app would be for a
"noiseless" generator as a Sterling is external combustion only using
the propane to heat the working fluid. If I remember right, it would
be sorta heavy but if noise is truly an issue.............

Noise shouldn't be an issue on these new Honda generators, not even in
an anchorage. In fact, a week or so ago I spent the night aboard our
boat and a fellow was running a Honda generator for a while a couple of
slips away, and I couldn't hear it. A couple of drunks in a SeaRay at
the end of the dock and the clanging of various pieces of sailboat
rigging, halyards, stays, et cetera, made a lot more noise.

I really enjoyed spending the night about my boat. It made me feel just
like Wayne. I suddenly really enjoy sleeping aboard a boat. Just don't
ask me exactly what night, or I will be caught at another lie. It was
sometime in the last few weeks. I really can't remember which one.

New Generator Frogwatch[_2_] General 77 July 3rd 11 03:34 PM
Buying a generator Frogwatch[_2_] General 30 June 14th 11 05:57 PM
Generator Frank General 5 September 21st 04 04:18 PM
portable generator [email protected] Electronics 11 April 23rd 04 05:30 PM
WTB in FL Generator Frank Electronics 0 March 10th 04 11:01 PM