Harryk Harryk is offline

Default Noiseless generator

On 6/23/11 11:26 AM, Frogwatch wrote:
A while back, I saw a propane powered Sterling engine being sold by a
company and considered applications. An obvious app would be for a
"noiseless" generator as a Sterling is external combustion only using
the propane to heat the working fluid. If I remember right, it would
be sorta heavy but if noise is truly an issue.............

Noise shouldn't be an issue on these new Honda generators, not even in
an anchorage. In fact, a week or so ago I spent the night aboard our
boat and a fellow was running a Honda generator for a while a couple of
slips away, and I couldn't hear it. A couple of drunks in a SeaRay at
the end of the dock and the clanging of various pieces of sailboat
rigging, halyards, stays, et cetera, made a lot more noise.

--
Want to discuss recreational boating and fishing in a forum where
personal insults are not allowed?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing