Default Harry's group

On Tue, 31 May 2011 07:10:34 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 30 May 2011 08:01:38 -0400, Florida Jim wrote:

On 5/29/2011 5:15 PM, John H wrote:
On Sat, 28 May 2011 10:08:06 -0400, Florida wrote:

I would like to join Harry's new google group but I lost the
instructions to sign up. Could someone repost them?
Here, in the man's own words:

Want to discuss recreational boating and fishing in a forum where
personal insults are not allowed?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing

Have a super time. Give the hordes of folks you'll find over there my best regards.
Well John, Harry wouldn't even let me take a peek into his mysterious
google group. Even when he has complete control over what's posted, he
is scared to death of me. He did try to get some very personal
information from me. But that didn't happen. He's such a moron. But then
you know that.
Happy camping, boating, golfing. :-)
Jim

Damn shame.

Thanks for the well wishes, but you left off motorcycling, which I'm doing more and more of because
of diesel prices.

How do you carry your golf clubs on your motorcycle?

I'm looking for a cheap used bag right now. I'll put a u-bolt through the bottom and fasten it to
the passenger peg. Then I can use bungee cords or straps to tie the top of the bag to the luggage
racks. Should work well.

I don't like the fact that I can't take my cart also. That means either renting a walking cart. But,
walking carts are usually pretty cheap. I've also thought about taking the top case off the back,
which would leave room for my cart. But, I use the top case a lot. Decisions, decisions.

The Salvation Army wants $29.95 for each of the half dozen bags the local store has in stock. And,
they're all crap.

In article ,
says...

[...]

I have your solution!

Side-car.

Default Clubs on a MC (was Harry something)

On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 23:45:08 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 11:56:13 -0400, John H
wrote:

How do you carry your golf clubs on your motorcycle?

I'm looking for a cheap used bag right now. I'll put a u-bolt through the bottom and fasten it to
the passenger peg. Then I can use bungee cords or straps to tie the top of the bag to the luggage
racks. Should work well.

I don't like the fact that I can't take my cart also. That means either renting a walking cart. But,
walking carts are usually pretty cheap. I've also thought about taking the top case off the back,
which would leave room for my cart. But, I use the top case a lot. Decisions, decisions.

The Salvation Army wants $29.95 for each of the half dozen bags the local store has in stock. And,
they're all crap.

I have your solution!

Side-car.

No way.

I made a shotgun rack for my Super Glide. It was welded steel and
bolted to the windshield mounts on the front fork.

Maybe you could come up with something like that. My golf bag right
now is a "back niner", that is a soft bag made out of Cordura.

I'm sure my idea of mounting the bag on the passenger peg will work. On my Guzzi, the passenger peg
is very low. My bike isn't a crotch rocket.

http://motoprofi.com/bikephoto/4678/..._gt_1991_2.jpg

But, the bag must have a good, hard bottom - something I can attach a muffler clamp or u-bolt to.

On 6/2/11 7:28 AM, John H wrote:

I'm sure my idea of mounting the bag on the passenger peg will work. On my Guzzi, the passenger peg
is very low. My bike isn't a crotch rocket.

http://motoprofi.com/bikephoto/4678/..._gt_1991_2.jpg

But, the bag must have a good, hard bottom - something I can attach a muffler clamp or u-bolt to.

No room in that oversized truck of yours for a golf bag?

On Jun 2, 8:34*am, Harryk wrote:
On 6/2/11 7:28 AM, John H wrote:

I'm sure my idea of mounting the bag on the passenger peg will work. On my Guzzi, the passenger peg
is very low. My bike isn't a crotch rocket.

http://motoprofi.com/bikephoto/4678/..._gt_1991_2.jpg

But, the bag must have a good, hard bottom - something I can attach a muffler clamp or u-bolt to.

No room in that oversized truck of yours for a golf bag?

--
Want to discuss recreational boating and fishing in a forum where
personal insults are not allowed?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing

Maybe if he had a sensible sized vehicle, he could afford to operate
it.
On the other hand he could cry poor mouth to Uncle Sam and get some
kind of additional hardship type supplement to his pension.

On 6/2/11 8:22 AM, North Star wrote:
On Jun 2, 8:34 am, wrote:
On 6/2/11 7:28 AM, John H wrote:

I'm sure my idea of mounting the bag on the passenger peg will work. On my Guzzi, the passenger peg
is very low. My bike isn't a crotch rocket.

http://motoprofi.com/bikephoto/4678/..._gt_1991_2.jpg

But, the bag must have a good, hard bottom - something I can attach a muffler clamp or u-bolt to.

No room in that oversized truck of yours for a golf bag?

--
Want to discuss recreational boating and fishing in a forum where
personal insults are not allowed?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing

Maybe if he had a sensible sized vehicle, he could afford to operate
it.
On the other hand he could cry poor mouth to Uncle Sam and get some
kind of additional hardship type supplement to his pension.

I thought he bought that monster truck to tow a bigger camper. Probably
a good time to buy a camper, even if you can't afford the fuel, because
the camper business is so flat, there are real deals to be had. On my
drive out to the Shenandoah last Sunday, a 200+ mile round trip, I saw
*one* camper being towed along on Interstate 66. Usually on a warm
Sunday like we had, you'd see dozen and dozens of campers.

--
Want to discuss recreational boating and fishing in a forum where
personal insults are not allowed?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing

In article , payer33859
@mypacks.net says...

On 6/2/11 7:28 AM, John H wrote:

I'm sure my idea of mounting the bag on the passenger peg will work. On my Guzzi, the passenger peg
is very low. My bike isn't a crotch rocket.

http://motoprofi.com/bikephoto/4678/..._gt_1991_2.jpg

But, the bag must have a good, hard bottom - something I can attach a muffler clamp or u-bolt to.

No room in that oversized truck of yours for a golf bag?

Spoofer alert!! Only a moron would comment about his truck when the
subject was about his motorcycle. I graduated with a liberal arts degree
from Yale, so I can comprehend that, and the spoofer can not.

In article d1f18824-73f7-41c4-b56e-b0a85c8ec721
@c1g2000yqe.googlegroups.com, says...

On Jun 2, 8:34*am, Harryk wrote:
On 6/2/11 7:28 AM, John H wrote:

I'm sure my idea of mounting the bag on the passenger peg will work. On my Guzzi, the passenger peg
is very low. My bike isn't a crotch rocket.

http://motoprofi.com/bikephoto/4678/..._gt_1991_2.jpg

But, the bag must have a good, hard bottom - something I can attach a muffler clamp or u-bolt to.

No room in that oversized truck of yours for a golf bag?

--
Want to discuss recreational boating and fishing in a forum where
personal insults are not allowed?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing

Maybe if he had a sensible sized vehicle, he could afford to operate
it.
On the other hand he could cry poor mouth to Uncle Sam and get some
kind of additional hardship type supplement to his pension.

You are responding to a spoofer to start with, my little buddy. But,
John DOES have a "sensible sized vehicle", that is his motorcycle. That
is why he's trying to figure out a way to carry his clubs on it. By the
way, I LOVE your RAV4, it's just cute as a button! And I applaud you for
your courage to be seen driving such a girly car.

On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 08:58:15 -0400, Harryk wrote:

I graduated with a liberal arts degree
from Yale, so I can comprehend that, and the spoofer can not.

Say something clever, witty and articulate like our other well known
liberal arts graduates and professors.

New Use Group Don Dando General 3 August 21st 08 01:33 AM
For Capt. Francis, Harry, vic Smith, Calif Bill, John H , and others in your age group. Tim General 9 May 28th 07 04:16 AM
Group Cry and Hug Scheduled for Harry Krause Bert Robbins General 1 December 14th 05 05:25 PM
is this a sailing group or presidential debate group? [email protected] ASA 35 November 8th 04 06:50 AM
This is NOT a Boating Group, it an O.T Group Florida Keyz General 3 March 11th 04 12:11 AM