Default 2nd Kook Seeks GOP Nomination

On Sat, 14 May 2011 04:01:03 -0400, wf3h sent the
following message
he'd really say ABABP...anyone but a black person

No. That's what you say. The fact that he is black seems to be your
only counter to critisism of him. You and plume are the only ones
playing that card anymore. Even Krause seems to have smartened up
and moved away from that dumb defensive tactic.

On Sat, 14 May 2011 00:01:01 -0400, sent the
following message
On Fri, 13 May 2011 16:37:52 -0400, Harryk

On Fri, 13 May 2011 16:14:26 -0400,

On Fri, 13 May 2011 15:03:23 -0400,

On Fri, 13 May 2011 13:21:39 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 13 May 2011 12:58:50 -0400,

wrote:

On Fri, 13 May 2011 12:29:20 -0400,

sent the following message
Ron Paul, the Texas congressman, declared his (third)

candidacy for
president Friday on ‘Good Morning America.’ The

‘intellectual
grandfatherÂ’ of the tea party movement is a

constitutional purist
whoÂ’s
as popular among his fervent followers as he is disliked

by the GOP
establishment. HeÂ’s a dark horse pushing for an upset

victory.
- - -
Ah, yes...Crazy Ron...about as much chance of winning the
presidency as,
say, Newt, the Donald, the Sara, the Michele, the Mitt,

et cetera.
It seems everybody wants to get in on the movement to

neuter BHO.
This is just making Obama stronger. If there is a split

field he can
win with 40-45% (like Clinton in 92 with 43%)
I bet we see an establishment GOP candidate like Romney and

a 3d party
running someone like Gary Johnson (NM).
Ron Paul will not be a serious candidate

I think the GOP has written this cycle off too, just like

they did in
08.
They are still looking for a credible candidate.
They really need to find a Latino in 16 who can make the

bankers happy
and still appeals to the redneck base. He will have to be

able to
speak English without an accent and still be able to put

commercials
on Univision/Telemundo in perfect Spanish.
The rednecks won't have a clue what he is telling them

unless they can
figure out the SAP feature on their cable box.
Actually the more I think about this, it is more like 96.

The GOP will
put up the next guy in line, not expecting him to win (again

think
Romney) but much like Clinton, if you are a big money

republican, you
won't do much better for yourself than the guy you have now.

Think about what the fat cats got out of Clinton in his

second term.
They got tax cuts, an import treaty that was great for

WalMart., a
booming stock market and shredded most of FDRs financial

regulation.
They would not have gotten that out of Dole, Too many

democrats would
fight it.
The fat cats are thrilled with Obama.
So far Obama has restored their tax cuts, cut the FICA

tax, continued
the Bush bailout, kept the lucrative wars going, started a

new war,
passed a financial regulation bill that didn't really

regulate much
(we still have too big to fail) and passed health reform

that will
make the health care industry a lot more money.

Why would they ever want to see him go?
The demographic changes coming in this country do not favor

the
Republicans.
That really depends on who the republicans want to be in 2016.

It is
interesting to me that Obama is a lot more vulnerable from the

left
than he is from the right but those people are committed to

vote
democratic, no matter how badly they get screwed and lied to.
I do not see any real primary challenge from the left this

time.
That is one reason I think the GOP is ducking this year. They

are
hoping the 2016 will end up being a food fight on the left

that leaves
room for a centrist candidate with a little broader appeal

than they
get with the white guys they have been running.
I do believe that by then the days of denial about the debt and
deficit will be over and that will be the main issue. I am

just not
sure what the magic bullet will be to fix a 2 trillion dollar

problem
and I bet the deficit will be that big if we keep kicking this

can
down the road. Our current $420 billion dollar interest

payment could
easily be well over a trillion by then. That would be over

$3000 for
every man woman and child in the country

Well, I don't see the GOP nominating a "centrist" candidate,

unless we
totally redefine centrist. The party is in the hands of those

who
dislike blacks, latinos, gays, and non-christians, with an

overlay of
birthers and teaparty types who, forgive me, are pretty much

bat**** crazy.

The GOP won't even have "defense" to fall back upon, since it

was under
the Obama administration that we did what the Republican

administration
could not do...catch Osama.

Add in the GOP proposal to dump medicare...

What does that all add up to? Pretty much the end of GOP

aspirations for
the White House for a long time to come, and possible loss of

the U.S.
House in 2012. But that is a long shot.

By 2016 we are going to be taking long hard looks at SS and

Medicare.

The answer is to cut back military spending, raise taxes on the

wealthy,
go after medicare fraud.

That might be a start in the right direction but Medicare and SS are
twice all of Military spending and there simply are not enough rich
people to make up the rest. Medicare/SS payments are going to double
in a decade when the first cohort of the boomers hits the system

I have to agree with Harry. We need to bring our troops home then
stop funding Obama's wars. 2nd, we need to attack wasteful spending,
fraud, theft, and corruption in Washington. None of this will happen
until ws stop eletcting crooked politicans.

Canuck57 wrote:
On 13/05/2011 10:29 AM, Harryk wrote:
Ron Paul, the Texas congressman, declared his (third) candidacy for
president Friday on ‘Good Morning America.’ The ‘intellectual
grandfather’ of the tea party movement is a constitutional purist who’s
as popular among his fervent followers as he is disliked by the GOP
establishment. He’s a dark horse pushing for an upset victory.
- - -

Ah, yes...Crazy Ron...about as much chance of winning the presidency as,
say, Newt, the Donald, the Sara, the Michele, the Mitt, et cetera.

Hey, we tried it the liberal debt and spend way. All to show for it is a
whole lot of ongoing forclosures, and more than $4 trillion in more DEBT
(so far as more is coming).

I would say ABO, Anyone But Obama.

You don't have a say, dickwad.

wrote:

[...]

Well, then, we are going to have to restructure in order to accommodate
them, aren't way? It's too bad we spent and wasted trillions of dollars
on the military and military adventurism since the 1960s. We should have
used that money to implement national health care and methods to hold
down the costs of medical care. We should be much, much farther along
than we are today.

On Sat, 14 May 2011 06:00:45 -0400, Harryk
sent the following message
Canuck57 wrote:
[...]

As much say as you, eh. At least as far as this forum goes.
Canadians have every reason to be concerned about US politics and
politicans. Especialy our beloved BHO.

On Sat, 14 May 2011 04:59:10 -0400, Percy wrote:

On Sat, 14 May 2011 03:59:01 -0400, wf3h sent the
following message
On Fri, 13 May 2011 13:59:44 -0400, wrote:

after the US right has had 30 years of fundamentalist deregulaory
plutocracy, they havent left obama much choice. this is america when
the right wing wins.

you are bat**** crazy bob but you already know that

and that's about the level of response one gets when one challenges
the urban myths of the right

On Sat, 14 May 2011 04:48:34 -0400, Percy wrote:

On Sat, 14 May 2011 04:01:03 -0400, wf3h sent the
following message
he'd really say ABABP...anyone but a black person

No. That's what you say. The fact that he is black seems to be your
only counter to critisism of him. You and plume are the only ones
playing that card anymore. Even Krause seems to have smartened up
and moved away from that dumb defensive tactic.

of course it is. because it's true. given that bush wrecked this
economy, killed 4400 US troops and turned our economy over to wall
street, the efforts on the right to blame this all on the black guy
has an obvious motive

you, of course, have no rebuttal at all

Canuck57 wrote:

I would say ABO, Anyone But Obama.

You don't have a say, dickwad.

As much say as you, eh. At least as far as this forum goes.
Canadians have every reason to be concerned about US politics and
politicans. Especialy our beloved BHO.

i agree. after all it was BHO who killed 4400 US troops in iraq

oh. wait that was bush

BUT it was obama who spent a TRILLION in iraq

oh. wait...bush

uh...it was OBAMA who started the depression...oh...hold on...it was
bush

yeah i can see why you think BHO is a failure