Default $18 billion in three months, $1 trillion in 10 years

On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 20:26:18 -0700, sent the
following message
And yet... they made $18B and didn't pay their fair share in taxes,
plus they got gov't subsidies... sounds like they're doing just

fine.

Follow the money pal. You always stop short of telling the whole
truth.

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 09:40:27 -0400, Harryk
wrote:

As I have stated previously, we need to restructure how we
allow our depletable natural resources to be extracted...and consumed.

That certainly worked well for Saudia Arabia when they did it in the
1970s. Unfortunately we are importers not exporters.

wrote:

As I have stated previously, we need to restructure how we
allow our depletable natural resources to be extracted...and consumed.

That certainly worked well for Saudia Arabia when they did it in the
1970s. Unfortunately we are importers not exporters.

Your imagination is limited.

As an example, and as something in addition to a national energy policy
which we do not have, we could easily form an international consortium
of *Non* Oil Producing Nations (even though we and others who might sign
up still produce some oil).

By doing so, the new consortium could peg the price of food, medicine,
technology, exports, et cetera, to the price of oil. Oil goes up a
dollar a barrel? Wheat goes up $2 a bushel. A Saudi wants some
life-saving drug made in Canada? Instead of $50 a a dose, it is priced
at five times the price of a barrel of oil...for Saudis.

Troublesome to enforce...you betcha.