Default Graphics - Iteration 36 Upteen Gazillioin Billion Trillion

Well, I took Harry's advice and changed the font - I hate to admit it,
but he was right - in fact, all of you were right - weird font that
seemed like a good idea at the time.

So I spent the morning with Captain Joel Perry of Graphics Unlimited
in Pomfret Center, a noted graphic artist, all around good guy and a
Master Mariner who has restored some beautiful boats including a '50s
era Lyman, a genuine RI Oyster boat, a Penn Yann and an absoutely
gorgeous original 23' Grady White he rebuilt.

http://www.gusigns.com/

We went through a ton of iterations, different designs, changed fonts
until we were blue in the face - Joel put up with my picky behavior
and we finally settled on this one which is the semi-demi-hemi-sort
of-maybe-kind of final design with a few tweaks and modifications -
primarily color will stay the same, but the lightning bolt may be
changed to a sine curve - I'm worn out on it, but I like this - just a
couple of things I want to think about over the next couple of weeks.

http://www.swsports.org/images/Team%...twave%20IV.jpg

http://www.swsports.org/images/Team%20Shortwave%20V.jpg

Not a bad start - two days and about eight hours of work.

On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 20:15:59 -0400, Wizard of Woodstock
wrote:

[...]

Two lightning bolts, top and bottom of name. And, bigger name, one
line all the way across.
--

John H

wrote:

[...]

There's only so much room there - you couldn't keep the same font size
and have it fit.

wrote:

[...]

It appears that the word 'Team' uses only about 1/4th the width of the
console there.

I'd still put the lightning bolts on the top and bottom. Use them, or
something, to frame the name, and separate it from the 200C
Sportfishing.
--
John H

All decisions, even those made by liberals, are the result of binary thinking.

wrote:

[...]

Good idea - we'll try that next go-around.

I'm going to let it sit for a while and stew. :)

Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

[...]

Ditch the lightning bolt. it make it look too cramped. Tom.

wrote:

[...]

I'm not asking any of you anything again.

Damn - bunch of morons. :)
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

[...]

OK, but one last stab before you blow me too Saturn.

Why don't you trash the whole thing and go for some cool bomber nose
art?
like:

http://www.atpm.com/12.06/eea-airven...Nose%20Art.jpg

Replace the sword with a fishing pole.

wrote:

Ditch the lightning bolt. it make it look too cramped. Tom.

I thought it was kind of "electrifying".

We had a couple of strikes here this afternoon less than 500 ft away,
almost no delay between flash and bang. That certainly gets your
attention.

wrote:

Ditch the lightning bolt. it make it look too cramped. Tom.

I thought it was kind of "electrifying".

We had a couple of strikes here this afternoon less than 500 ft away,
almost no delay between flash and bang. That certainly gets your
attention.

Last summer, we had a number of similar incidents - I figured they
were all on the other side of the lake.

NNNNOOOOOOO........

I went down back the other day and found six dead swamp oak trees -
typical strikes - bark stripped, burn marks down the trunks and deader
than a door nail.