Default Boat Shows

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 15:51:14 -0400, Harryk

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 08:50:36 -0400,
wrote:

Tim wrote:
On Mar 25, 9:35 pm, Lil wrote:
Any boat shows in NC, SC, Ga, Al, Tn this weekend.
There's one in KY but there's a lot of some kind of white stuff supposed
to be falling from the sky tomorrow.
It snowed here yesterday in S. Illinois. I think the boat show in Ky.
is at Lexington today isn't it? or is it at Louisville?

Are those outdoor boat shows?

We're supposed to get some snow tomorrow, too.

Our entire neighborhood has been snowed in for a while. We've gotten
many feet in a very short period of time. I'm amazed that the power is
still going, although most of us have gen backups. The roads are
buried, the cars are buried... nobody going anywhere unless it's by
ski. The closest local market, went there this morning, has a sign on
it that says, take what you need and leave money. So far, there's a
stack of $$ on the counter. Wonderful people.

Kind of unusual for a week into spring, no?

It is. Of course, it would be easy to make a claim that it's
attributable to adverse human-made climate change, but unlike the
loony right, you really have to look at the trend and not individual
events.
Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 26, 2:51*pm, Harryk wrote:

Kind of unusual for a week into spring, no?

Well, it IS still March. barely, but still....

Tim wrote:
On Mar 26, 2:51 pm, wrote:

Kind of unusual for a week into spring, no?

Well, it IS still March. barely, but still....

Indeed. I recall many years ago, I forgot when, an April snowstorm of
some significance in the DC area. We have a skift of snow on the ground
this morning. The kitten we adopted from the cold last fall is sitting
on the windowsill, watching the sky and ground in wonder, and probably
thanking the cat deities that she's inside and not outside, where she
would have died by now.

The forecasters are calling for up to two inches of snow. If this were
Monday, schools in the area would be closed.

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 21:17:17 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

On Mar 26, 2:51*pm, Harryk wrote:

Kind of unusual for a week into spring, no?

Well, it IS still March. barely, but still....

We woke up to about an inch on the rooftops, but very little on the ground. It's
fading rapidly.

BTW, if you get a chance, go look at Ryan's facebook page.

Harryk wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Mar 26, 2:51 pm, wrote:

Kind of unusual for a week into spring, no?

Well, it IS still March. barely, but still....

Indeed. I recall many years ago, I forgot when, an April snowstorm of
some significance in the DC area. We have a skift of snow on the
ground this morning. The kitten we adopted from the cold last fall is
sitting on the windowsill, watching the sky and ground in wonder, and
probably thanking the cat deities that she's inside and not outside,
where she would have died by now.

The forecasters are calling for up to two inches of snow. If this were
Monday, schools in the area would be closed.

WAFA - the cat whisperer!

Boat shows [email protected] General 24 August 13th 08 05:26 PM
Boat Shows ,, when and what ones? NE Sailboat Cruising 2 December 22nd 06 05:13 PM
Boat shows JimH General 6 January 10th 06 01:06 PM
Winter Boat Shows RGrew176 General 8 January 9th 05 02:46 AM
Pacific NW Boat Shows Gould 0738 General 1 December 4th 03 02:49 PM