Default What a weekend!

On Mar 21, 2:55*pm, wrote:
On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 05:28:39 -0700 (PDT), "Jack."

wrote:
Beautiful day on the lake Saturday. *We were out for almost 6 hours,
it reached the mid 80's. *Put a new sound system on the boat, now has
two pairs of Infinity speakers, a 4 channel Clarion marine amp,
Kenwood marine head unit and a Bazooka marine subwoofer. *With an iPod
interface and Sirius radio, we're never short on tunes!

You guys should try boating sometimes. *See ya! *:-

We got out both days.

Mr Ed finally got a crab trap float. He has been wanting to get one
for months, hanging over the rail and barking at them. We were out at
his island Saturday and he spied one about 100 yards offshore and he
went out for it. When he got it he tried to tow it back to the boat.

I guess this is some gene left over from the Labrador Retriever thing.
They were originally bred to drag fishing nets back to the boat so the
fisherman could pull it.

I do wonder what the crabber is going to think when he finds teeth
marks on his float. It really looks like he was pulling on the rope
tho because he was yanking on it for several minutes and there are
only a couple of marks on the float.

A friend that lives on the lake has a Black Lab named Miss Ellie.
She's a hoot... loves the water. Will play fetch for hours with a
ball throw into the lake.

We had a Dachshund years ago that loved the water. He'd hop into the
shower with you and sit in the back. Would also play fetch in the
lake and loved boat rides. One moring I woke up on a camping trip to
the lake, and he was missing. Finally saw him swimming, for no
particular reason, at least 50 yards from shore. He just decided to
go for a swim.

Mr. Ed sounds like he's in dog heaven.

"Jack." wrote in message

On Mar 21, 8:38 am, Tim wrote:
On Mar 21, 7:28 am, "Jack." wrote:

Beautiful day on the lake Saturday. We were out for almost 6 hours,
it reached the mid 80's. Put a new sound system on the boat, now has
two pairs of Infinity speakers, a 4 channel Clarion marine amp,
Kenwood marine head unit and a Bazooka marine subwoofer. With an iPod
interface and Sirius radio, we're never short on tunes!

You guys should try boating sometimes. See ya! :-

Glad you had a blast, Jack.
weather is starting to turn for hte better here.. finally.

I hope to be hitting the lake at least by may.

The water is too cold to swim, but the warm sun is nice. We shouldn't
see any more freezes at night. It's moving your way, just hang on!

Reply:
In Los Angeles for granddaughters 1st B'day. Record rains, high winds,
Grapevine (I-5) closed because of snow. Salmon season opens April 1, so
will be boating then, weather permitting. Got back From Belize last
Tuesday. Boated a lot there. Flats fishing and snorkel trips. Trip across
to the mainland and up two rivers to Lamanai ruins. Lots of boating and
warm water / temps. Walked down to the beach today, and high surf.

Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 21, 9:08*am, stp wrote:
On Mar 21, 8:28*am, "Jack." wrote:

Kenwood marine head unit and a Bazooka marine subwoofer. *

You guys should try boating sometimes. *See ya! *:-

I'm familiar with Groco, Raritan, Thetford, SaniPottie etc. but I've
never heard of the Kenwood. Does that Bazooka go before or after the Y-
valve?

:-)

Peggy? Peggy?

Never heard of "Kenwood?" man, those receivers were about the king
of the audio world at one time. Still make top quality stuff Though
it lives in the garage, I still love my 30 yr old K 9600!

http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/oldp2-9600rx.gif.
Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 21, 10:30*pm, Boating All Out wrote:
In article 99773838-cdc8-4fe0-9a64-
, says...

On Mar 21, 9:08 am, stp wrote:
On Mar 21, 8:28 am, "Jack." wrote:

Kenwood marine head unit and a Bazooka marine subwoofer.

You guys should try boating sometimes. See ya! :-

I'm familiar with Groco, Raritan, Thetford, SaniPottie etc. but I've
never heard of the Kenwood. Does that Bazooka go before or after the Y-
valve?

:-)

Peggy? Peggy?

Never heard of "Kenwood?" * *man, those receivers were about the king
of the audio world at one time. Still make top quality stuff *Though
it lives in the garage, *I still love my 30 yr old K 9600!

http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/oldp2-9600rx.gif.

MacIntosh, Harman Kardin also had a good rep.

Yep, When a friend of mine got out of the service in '76, he decided
he wasn't going to fool around with buying a cheap stereo and upgrade/
replacing as the time went by so he bit it and spend a crap load of
cash.

At the time he had a 200w. McIntosh MC2205 amplifier,a Technics
Quadraphonic receiver, an Italian made Leesavox turntable,and 4 cone
drivers (Ohm"F" models.) if i remember correctly he said those
speakers were about $400.00 each in 1973 or 74 ( I can't remember).

For the day it seemed beyond fantastic.

Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 21, 11:46*pm, wrote:
On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 21:32:15 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Mar 21, 10:30 pm, Boating All Out wrote:

Yep, When a friend of mine got out of the service in '76, he decided
he wasn't going to fool around with buying a cheap stereo and upgrade/
replacing as the time went by so he bit it and spend a crap load of
cash.

At the time he had a 200w. McIntosh MC2205 amplifier,a Technics
Quadraphonic receiver, an Italian made *Leesavox turntable,and 4 *cone
drivers *(Ohm"F" models.) *if i remember correctly he said those
speakers were about $400.00 each in 1973 or 74 ( I can't remember).

For the day it seemed beyond fantastic.

I still have a pair of those big honking Sansui 1970's disco speakers.
Everyone keeps trying to say these new book shelf speakers are as
good, until I crank them up.

I have them out in the Tiki bar now and they are enough to fill the
whole pool deck with big old thumping sound. I do try to be sensitive
to my neighbors but most of them will be back in Michigan in a couple
of weeks anyway.

"There's no replacement for displacement"

Proven fact Greg.

wrote:

[...]

I've been looking around for some speaker for my shop, and would like
to find a set of those, or something similar. They do pop up at times
on craigslist. I have a late 70's Yamaha integrated amp and matching
tuner that I'll use to drive them.

Having said that, some of those "bookshelf" speaker systems can be
*very* nice sounding. The displacement thing goes away when you add a
subwoofer to the equation. I'm running a set of NHT speakers as mains
in the surround setup in the den. They are small, but Audiophile
magazine rated them class C, borderline class B speaker. They sound
better than many speakers that are 4 times the size and cost twice as
much, or more, and are wife-friendly. A friend with $10k worth of
Aragon amps and Magnapans always raves about how great the NHTs are.

Jack. wrote:

wrote:
On Mar 21, 10:30 pm, Boating All wrote:
[...]

I love my magnaplanars! :)

On Mar 21, 11:18*pm, Tim wrote:
On Mar 21, 9:08*am, stp wrote:

On Mar 21, 8:28*am, "Jack." wrote:

Kenwood marine head unit and a Bazooka marine subwoofer. *

You guys should try boating sometimes. *See ya! *:-

I'm familiar with Groco, Raritan, Thetford, SaniPottie etc. but I've
never heard of the Kenwood. Does that Bazooka go before or after the Y-
valve?

:-)

Peggy? Peggy?

Never heard of "Kenwood?" * *man, those receivers were about the king
of the audio world at one time. Still make top quality stuff *Though
it lives in the garage, *I still love my 30 yr old K 9600!

http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/oldp2-9600rx.gif.

Yep. Marantz made some good stuff back in the day as well.

The Kenwood unit I used is this one:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KMR7...U.html?tp=1721

No transport, meaning no CD player. Does only AM/FM and digital
sources. Can play from a USB stick, iPOD interface, and Sirius
receiver. The face folds down so you can put you iPod, iPhone, or
thumbdrive inside. Most of the electronics are in a seperate box
mounted out of sight. Cool unit.

In article 825af11c-14c1-4b83-a478-671d64a4d549
@i35g2000prd.googlegroups.com, says...

wrote:

[...]

Maybe Harry will pipe in with his "recording studio" lie!!

Come on weekend! Tim General 7 February 10th 11 07:12 AM
Another weekend hk General 2 May 31st 10 04:39 AM
so how was your weekend? wf3h General 22 September 12th 09 03:44 AM
This weekend.... Bobsprit ASA 6 June 30th 04 02:13 AM
What a Weekend!!! Bobsprit ASA 8 September 8th 03 01:47 PM