Default so how was your weekend?

ah, labor day...good time for boating...

got the boat all ready...since i just purchased it (an old
tollycraft), i tested all the electronics, and over the course of 3
days, sat at dock letting the engine run, checking oil pressure,
temperature, fittings, etc.....

so we pull away from the slip....got about 3 miles down the channel
and the bilge alarm goes off....the wife checks the bilge and it's
about half filled with water....

i shut the engine off to shut off the cooling pump which has sprung a
leak, and call the CG. they're on scene in about a minute since
they'd just passed. they put a pump on board but it doesn't
work...sea tow tosses us 2 bilge pumps but my pumps have pumped out
the water by this time....

the CG tows us back to the marina, escorted by sea tow...the
CG...amazing guys...put my boat right into the slip with their 23'
RHI. (my boat's a 9000 lb 26' sedan cruiser). so we start the paper
work....wife says she's going to take our 2 65 pound poodles for a
walk....

we finish up the CG paperwork...and a woman from the marina walks up
to me, saying 'i hate to tell you this, but your wife just took a bad
fall'.....

i walk outside the marina gates. there she sits along with 2 police
cars with lights flashing...we try to stand her up but she can't put
weight on her left leg. into the ambulance she goes, off to the
hospital.

x rays show she's broken her hip. the next day a surgeon puts in 2
pins.

so we got in 1/2 of a boat ride, the other half provided by the
CG...and the season is over....

so how was your weekend?

wf3h wrote:
[...]

I'm really sorry to hear about your problems...hope your wife's recovery
is swift and uneventful.

--
Birther-Deather-Tenther-Teabagger:
Idiots All

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:10:29 -0700 (PDT), wf3h
wrote:

so how was your weekend?

****! Best wishes for your wife's recovery.

--Vic

wrote:

[...]

Dude!!!

Well, I got no right to complain - it was certainly better than that -
wow.

Hope all is well with the XYL.

Oh - good thing you got Sea//Tow huh? :)

"wf3h" wrote in message
[...]

Talk about bad luck! Sorry to hear that..... hope your wife heals well
without any long term problems.

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:10:29 -0700 (PDT), wf3h
wrote:

so how was your weekend?

Bad news indeed, hope she makes a speedy recovery.

Are you still a net control on the MMSN? I've probably heard you on
14300 at one time or another.

On Sep 10, 4:18*pm, H the K wrote:
wf3h wrote:
[...]

thanks much, harry. yes, she's doing fine...a little sore but chalks
it up to experience

wrote:

so how was your weekend?

****! *Best wishes for your wife's recovery.

--Vic

thanks much, vic. what a strange weekend

wrote:

so how was your weekend?

Bad news indeed, hope she makes a speedy recovery.

Are you still a net control on the MMSN? *I've probably heard you on
14300 at one time or another.

not a net controller now, but hope to get back when i put up the tower
and beam...

wrote:

[...]

yeah it was one of those weekends when you say "WTF"? but the folks at
the marina were great...kept an eye on the doggies while I was at the
hospital

This weekend.... Bobsprit ASA 6 June 30th 04 02:13 AM
50 MPH sailing this weekend Joe ASA 12 June 4th 04 04:46 AM
50 MPH sailing this weekend Joe ASA 1 May 29th 04 02:46 PM
Fantastic Weekend Bobsprit ASA 5 May 24th 04 12:37 PM
What a Weekend!!! Bobsprit ASA 8 September 8th 03 01:47 PM