Default An OT question

On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 12:33:40 -0400, Gene
wrote:

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 16:52:09 -0400, John H
wrote:

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 14:31:43 -0600, Canuck57 wrote:

On 18/03/2011 2:10 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 15:48:24 -0400, John
wrote:

Last night I heard Oprah saying the war in Afghanistan had very little impact on
her because there was little to remind her it was going on.

That made me wonder...why don't we see the pictures of the dead, their caskets,
etc, like we did when Bush was president.

We used to see their pictures on NBC and other newscasts, and even in the big
papers. Now we see nothing of the sort.

Anyone?

Are you stupid or just lying? Bush was the one who banned photography
of the caskets. Obama rescinded that.

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/news/20090226/index.htm

emdeplume, kick you butt off your shoulders, you will see the real
situation a lot better.

I believe the policy banning of the casket photography was in effect during the
Clinton administration. Bush simply enforced it.

In any case, so what? Why is this liberal president not showing all the caskets?

Why not write Fox News and ask them.... you could post their response
here....

The question had to do with the major media, not Fox. Fox wasn't, as far as I
know, broadcasting pictures of dead soldiers like the major media were.

Why is the major media not doing the same now?

I suppose that's a rough question for a liberal.

On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 12:28:49 -0400, wrote:

wrote:

[...]

You believe wrong. It started with Bush I, and Clinton had little use
for it. Bush/Cheney enforced it with vigor. Obama said it was up to
the families, which seems about right.

To put this in perspective, the US has traditionally banned showing
dead GIs. That was abandoned toward the end of Vietnam and reinstated
when we started having dead GIs coming home from Kuwait.
Personally, as long as it is respectful, I have no problem reminding
people of the cost of freedom.

That's not much of a perspective, since "showing dead GIs" isn't
what's being shown. As I said, Bush I banned the showing of the
arriving coffins.

Those whackos who are protesting at the GI funerals should be
"escorted" out by "Rolling Thunder". Bikers have really become pussies
these days it seems.

As distasteful as it is, those wackos apparently have the right to
protest.

wrote:

[...]

More lying from you isn't making you look smarter.

On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 12:22:50 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 13:10:39 -0700,
wrote:

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 15:48:24 -0400, John H
wrote:

Last night I heard Oprah saying the war in Afghanistan had very little impact on
her because there was little to remind her it was going on.

That made me wonder...why don't we see the pictures of the dead, their caskets,
etc, like we did when Bush was president.

We used to see their pictures on NBC and other newscasts, and even in the big
papers. Now we see nothing of the sort.

Anyone?

Are you stupid or just lying? Bush was the one who banned photography
of the caskets. Obama rescinded that.

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/news/20090226/index.htm

That was American caskets,

John is talking about dead Arabs.
Nobody seems to give a **** about dead Arabs.
That is why it is easy to throw around terms like "no fly zones"
without equating it with dead people.

Really? Where did he say that? I don't see any reference to dead
Arabs. He's a right-wing liar, who doesn't give a fig about facts.

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

The old adage of not asking questions which you don't already know the
answers comes to mind.

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 00:25:41 -0400, wrote:

wrote:

[...]

As had every president since Washington ... until Vietnam.
It is very hard to even find archival footage of arriving coffins from
any other war and they certainly were not in the newspaper or on TV.

Those whackos who are protesting at the GI funerals should be
"escorted" out by "Rolling Thunder". Bikers have really become pussies
these days it seems.

As distasteful as it is, those wackos apparently have the right to
protest.

At a certain point the reach the level of "fire in a crowded theater".

The Supreme Court spoke on this subject. They have the right to do it.

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 00:36:18 -0400, wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I was wrong, I did misread the first note. John does have a point
though. The media fought Bush for the right to go out to Dover and
take pictures of coffins from the Iraq war and now that they have that
right, they are not showing the coffins coming home from Afghanistan.

They do not "have the right" to do it. They have the right to get
permission from the families.

I don't really think it is a liberal conspiracy though. I think the TV
networks just figured out they sell more products if they don't show
coffins and they like the American public to be as blissfully ignorant
of this war as Oprah. It does demonstrate how phony the righteous
indignation of the left was when Bush was the president. It was never
about the war. It was only about Bush.

Bush deserved every bit of indignation. He was a punk and bully.

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 01:44:02 -0400, wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for confirming what I said.

I find it disturbing that you would support such a jerk. He played a
huge role in ruining our economy, destroying our credibility abroad,
and caused 1000s of our brave troops to be killed and maimed.

wrote:

[...]

and caused 1000s of our brave troops to be killed and maimed.- Hide quoted text -

He never said he supported anybody. Your comprehension level is like a
ten year old who wants a cookie.... You are like Harry, can't even
think beyond the drool...