Bart Senior

Default Seamanship Question 2 pts plus bonus question.

What US seaport features the following: (2 pts)

1. Reversing falls
2. A whirlpool

Extra pt. (1 pt)

What is the name of the whirlpool?
katysails

I only know the Canadian port with those characteristics...i didn't =
realize we had one, too. Would have to be someplace with really high =
tides, I would think...somewhere in Alaska?

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Brian McAloon

Eastport Maine. Its part of the Bay of Fundy tidal flow and that is what
causes the whirlpools and reversing falls. Reversing falls can be found in a
few other areas in Canada. "Old Sow" is the name of the whirlpool.

"Bart Senior" bartsenior wrote in message
news
What US seaport features the following: (2 pts)

1. Reversing falls
2. A whirlpool

Extra pt. (1 pt)

What is the name of the whirlpool?

katysails

"Old Sow" is the name of the whirlpool.

I'm impressed...you can just sail that Morgan anywhere you want, it's =
fine by me. I had forgotten Maine was a part of the Bay of Fundy, which =
was my original thought....(shades of Farley Mowat...)

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Thom Stewart

NYC

Thom Stewart

bart
NYC
Hell's Gate

Brian McAloon

Had a cousin who used to live there. He is a marine biologist so I got the
grand tour of the waters around his place when I was a kid. He showed me
"Old Sow". My brother used to live on the bay in NS and we took of in his
skiff and camped and bummed around for a week or so on the bay. I'd love to
sail the NE coast. I was very impressed with the natural beauty of the NE US
and Canadian Coast, incredible.

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Capt. Mooron

Excellent..... speaking as a Bluenoser of course. ;-)

CM

"Brian McAloon" wrote in message
. ..
| Had a cousin who used to live there. He is a marine biologist so I got the
| grand tour of the waters around his place when I was a kid. He showed me
| "Old Sow". My brother used to live on the bay in NS and we took of in his
| skiff and camped and bummed around for a week or so on the bay. I'd love
| sail the NE coast. I was very impressed with the natural beauty of the NE
US
| and Canadian Coast, incredible.
|
| "katysails" wrote in message
| "Old Sow" is the name of the whirlpool.
|
| I'm impressed...you can just sail that Morgan anywhere you want, it's fine
| by me. I had forgotten Maine was a part of the Bay of Fundy, which was my
| original thought....(shades of Farley Mowat...)
|
| --
| katysails
| s/v Chanteuse
| Kirie Elite 32
| http://katysails.tripod.com
|
| "Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax
| and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein

Horvath

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 03:49:27 GMT, Bart Senior bartsenior
wrote this crap:

What is the name of the whirlpool?

The washer, or the dryer?

Hero@Horvath

I don't spend my money on food. I spend most of my money
on women, porn, booze, and recreation. The rest of it I just waste.
thunder

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 04:21:05 +0000, Brian McAloon wrote:

Eastport Maine. Its part of the Bay of Fundy tidal flow and that is what
causes the whirlpools and reversing falls. Reversing falls can be found in
a few other areas in Canada. "Old Sow" is the name of the whirlpool.

Nasty sucker.

http://easternmaineimages.com/whirlpool.htm

http://www.smithsonianmag.si.edu/jou...aug01/sow.html

Wiring Question Marc Electronics 3 March 21st 04 01:20 AM
Another strip-plank question - a bit long Pete Boat Building 3 January 12th 04 09:03 PM
Asatru resources Nik ASA 0 September 19th 03 03:31 PM
Sunday's VHF antics.....and a question.. Electronics 8 September 13th 03 09:04 AM
Transom Height - Dumb Question Alert Michael Gagliardi General 0 August 28th 03 07:31 PM