Default Warning to rec.boats

On 2/16/11 8:47 AM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 20:34:36 -0500, John
wrote:

It's OK. I had a pretty good opinion of liberals, until I encountered Harry, et
al, here. So, I guess we're even, except that I've got a valid rationale for my
opinion.

Harry is way beyond liberal, giving them a bad name in fact. Very
few liberals advocate over throw of the free enterprise system and
nationalization of corporations the way he does. Basically he has
some sort of personality disorder which causes him to strike out at
anything that reminds him of his tormented youth.

Lil W'hine has thrown in with Scott Ingersoll and Loogy.

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 09:20:59 -0500, Harryk
wrote:

On 2/16/11 9:13 AM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 08:41:44 -0500,
wrote:

You are a birther. Ergo, you are a racist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur

Logic police, please take note.

D'oh. What do *you* think is behind the birthers, dip****? Hint: it is
Obama's skin color.

There are quite a few people who legitimately don't care for him
regardless of race. That's what makes your statement a non sequitur
not to mention an ad hominem attack.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

wrote:

You are a birther. Ergo, you are a racist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur

Logic police, please take note.

D'oh. What do *you* think is behind the birthers, dip****? Hint: it is
Obama's skin color.

There are quite a few people who legitimately don't care for him
regardless of race. That's what makes your statement a non sequitur
not to mention an ad hominem attack.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Logic police, please take note.

You're talking about those who don't like Obama for reasons other than
race. Sure. Lots of those.

I'm talking about birthers. They don't like Obama because of his race.
Bertie is a birther.

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 09:17:32 -0500, Harryk
wrote:

Your final comment in your personal attack

No one would doubt your expertise in that area.

The only question is what created your hateful and unpleasant
personality. We can only guess but it almost always stems from some
childhood conflict, perhaps parental, or perhaps the fact that you
really didn't fit in to the Yankee/WASP Connecticut culture where you
grew up. Too bad you never got help for it.

wrote:

Your final comment in your personal attack

No one would doubt your expertise in that area.

The only question is what created your hateful and unpleasant
personality. We can only guess but it almost always stems from some
childhood conflict, perhaps parental, or perhaps the fact that you
really didn't fit in to the Yankee/WASP Connecticut culture where you
grew up. Too bad you never got help for it.

You don't know much sociology, either. I didn't grow up in waspy
Fairfield County, west of Bridgeport. I grew up in ethnic New Haven, a
small manufacturing city at that time dominated religiously by Catholics
and Jews, and ethnically by European immigrants and their children and
their families, mainly from Italy, Ireland, Poland, Hungary, Greece and,
interestingly, Portugal, and blacks. It was a polyglot culture. The
mayor was of Italian descent, as were many of the Aldermen. Our
Congressman was Italian. Hardly WASPs.

I grew up in a New Haven suburb. Our neighbors on one side were Italian
immigrants. The father became a lawyer, the mother was a traditional
Italian homemaker and they had four kids, all of whom were pals of mine.
The kids became lawyers, a doctor and a public school teacher. The house
on the other side held a family of Americans of Greek heritage. They had
one son who I remember as a superior athlete.

After junior high was over for the day, most of us walked two blocks to
the playground at a nearby Catholic church, mostly Irish Catholics. The
nuns supervised the playground after hours, so it was a safe place for
us kids to hang out with other kids of every race, religion and ethnic
background. Our Boy Scout troop met in the classrooms of a synagogue and
day school, because the scoutmaster, who was not Jewish, knew the head
rabbi there. When we got to go swimming in the winter, we went to either
the Boys' Club, the YMCA, or the Jewish Community Center, all of which
had pretty nifty indoor pools.

So, you see, W'hine, there wasn't much WASP culture around to give me
that WASP feeling of entitlement.

What explains your holier-than-thou persona, W'hine? Did your WASP
parents imbue you with the concept that you were, somehow, superior,
because of your heritage? With an attitude like that, you would have
lasted two days at Hillhouse High School, which in those days, but not
now, was the top public high school in the state.

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

wrote:

[...]

Amazing! You were and are always surrounded by superior people!

On 2/16/11 11:30 AM, New Giant Boat wrote:
In articlekdGdnVQMFYFJbcbQnZ2dnUVZ_rWdnZ2d@earthlink .com, payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

wrote:

[...]

Actually it was only considered one of the top public high schools
because Harry was there. As a top student, Harry was accepted to the
University of Kansas. As everyone knows U of K is considered the
Harvard of the Midwest or as Harvard likes to say, they are the Univ. of
Kansas of the East Coast.

Warning to rec.boats Harryk General 11 February 16th 11 01:15 AM
Warning to rec.boats paul@byc General 13 February 13th 11 03:25 PM
Is this prize winner a rec.boats or rec.boats.cruising denizen? Chuck Gould General 6 December 6th 06 09:51 PM
FAST-TRACK of RENAME uk.rec.boats.power to uk.rec.boats.motor Charles Lindsey as Deputy Control UK Power Boats 1 January 5th 04 10:41 PM
RFD: RENAME uk.rec.boats.power to uk.rec.boats.motor Nick Smeltzer UK Power Boats 26 December 22nd 03 09:58 PM