Default Brrrrrrrrrr....cold weather boating sucks!

On 10/24/2010 11:53 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 22:07:48 -0400,
wrote:

That's an issue only because some of his fan base insists on quoting
him in their replies. The solution is to put the compulsive
repliers in the kill file also. Harold hates to be ignored of course,
so he changes his ID from time to time just to see if he can provoke
someone. My advice: let it all go.

I'd be happy to participate in a group effort to torment him in any manner that can be agreed upon.

My advice: let it all go.

That's good advice. Some posters apparently do not want a reasonable
newsgroup that is mostly on topic and would rather have it remain
dysfunctional. Sad.

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 22:07:48 -0400, Harry® wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message ...
On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 07:55:45 -0400, Harry®
wrote:

It's hard to ignore a target who is so inviting. Especially if you see his bile even if he is filtered.

That's an issue only because some of his fan base insists on quoting
him in their replies. The solution is to put the compulsive
repliers in the kill file also. Harold hates to be ignored of course,
so he changes his ID from time to time just to see if he can provoke
someone. My advice: let it all go.

I'd be happy to participate in a group effort to torment him in any manner that can be agreed upon.

Ignore him. It's not that hard.
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 19:58:27 -0700 (PDT), "JustWaitAFrekinMinute!"
wrote:

wrote:

It's hard to ignore a target who is so inviting. Especially if you see his bile even if he is filtered.

That's an issue only because some of his fan base insists on quoting
him in their replies. * *The solution is to put the compulsive
repliers in the kill file also. *Harold hates to be ignored of course,
so he changes his ID from time to time just to see if he can provoke
someone. * * My advice: * let it all go.

I'd be happy to participate in a group effort to torment him in any manner that can be agreed upon.

Well, he seems to be being very nice now, I hate to be cynical but I
assume that will end when he is done talking about his new boat* and
bbq grill* (weather they are real or not ... And what's with the
grill stuff? I thought he hated OT subjects like guitars, cars, beer
making, motorcycles, and iirc he even hated posts about BBQ and
cooking?

I still think the boycott was almost as effective as the spoofers,
only difference is during the boycott, the place was just flooded with
crossposters and sockpuppets... But if you (being one of the main
spoofers, not that it's a bad thing want to get on board with
another boycott, I am up for it, maybe the other more minor spoofers
will join too.. Easy for me though, I have boycotted him and the
vulgar one for a few weeks now anyway.

So, those of us who care to boycott him and his buddies, and let him
tell anyone who will listen all about this new boat* I guess a few
here will go ahead and play along, mostly nice guys like my friend Tim
who is just plain nice to anybody who doesn't kick him (God bless
you Tim, I understand and forgive you, but soon enough it will start
all over again..

Just as an aside, once the boycott starts, we should get together off
line and start a pool for him and his two buddies from the Great White
North to see how long they can play nice.. If we take up the first 24
hour slots, we can take the new guys here for some money snerk

BTW, now that it's ok to post OT again, I might show you guy some of
the vids of my daughter racing the big boys the last few weeks and
wheeling down the gates to take monster holeshots with a bike and a
half lead... We are moving up to the next level next season, goin'
to trade paint with the big kids... If it stays nice here, maybe I
can start up with the weekend race reports again

* "new boat". I should must note for the benefit of the newer
posters, that few of us believe he really has a new boat, we have gone
through this all before with all kinds of wonderful, imaginary yachts,
Zimmerman like Lobsta' boats, Grand cruisers, sailing vessels, rare
cars, working for Presidents, top secret work with Generals in
Vietnam, Rounding the horn twice, single handed sailing to Catalina,
father crossing the Atlantic in small skiff, Yale degree, wife with
three doctorates, fantastic accomplishments, adventures, conquests and
other successes in almost every field and venue imaginable and that is
only the tip of the iceberg Just sayin'

Can it.
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

wrote:

That's an issue only because some of his fan base insists on quoting
him in their replies. The solution is to put the compulsive
repliers in the kill file also. Harold hates to be ignored of course,
so he changes his ID from time to time just to see if he can provoke
someone. My advice: let it all go.

I'd be happy to participate in a group effort to torment him in any manner that can be agreed upon.

My advice: let it all go.

Sounds pretty close to something I heard at a meeting once.
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 00:23:02 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 13:15:55 -0400, John H
wrote:

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 11:44:38 -0400,
wrote:

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 11:15:47 -0400, "MMC" wrote:

Pretty nice here too. We went for a picnic at the beach today on the
boat..
http://esteroriverheights.com/esteroweather.jpg
Perfect! How's your lab doing?

He is doing OK but he still has a running away problem.
We have an appointment with a therapist tuesday.
(free from Lab Rescue of Florida but I am going to give them a
donation)

Please let us know what he (she) says. My pointer bolted half a dozen times, but
appears to be getting better about it. She doesn't go screaming out the front
door if it's left open a bit too long. And, she doesn't bolt out of the front
seat, over my lap, when I open the car door.

The problem is not simply the running away. Mr Ed seems to actually
have a total change in personality. He doesn't even look the same.
There is a desperate look in his eyes and he seems totally deaf to
anything you say to him. Usually he is very well behaved. The trainer
says that is not unusual in Yellow Labs. Some are worse than others. I
am curious what she comes up with.

Ask that therapist for any quick recommendations on helping a dog overcome fear
of automobiles (*not* motion sickness - fear). This stuff - Cerenia -
http://tinyurl.com/buncyn - was prescribed by our vet, and works well to stop
the vomiting. But it doesn't get rid of the fear. And, it's not for use on a
long trip of several days or more. And, it ain't cheap!

Ed doesn't have that problem at all. A car ride (or even a ride in my
golf cart) seems to calm him down. That is how I go get him if he is
really "off"
Sometimes he will just come in the back door of the screen cage but he
immediately jumps in the pool and won't come out. I get the same look.

When mine bolts, it 's much the same thing. She responds to nothing, just runs
as fast as she can. The last couple times, she actually returned. Time before
last was at a campground, and we thought she was gone. She sailed around the
outer perimeter of the campground and then hit the woods. I gave up chasing her,
which did no good anyway. But, after about ten minutes she was found by my
brother-in-law about 50 yards from the trailer. She was cowering on the ground
in a 'don't beat me' mode. I think maybe her previous owners must have beat her
every now and then. She's weird.

wrote:

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 11:15:47 -0400, wrote:

[...]

This is an interesting contrast to our pet cats, all but one of whom
were strays from the "outside" we adopted. None of these cats has any
interest in going outside or running away. The last one we adopted, a
100% Maine coon cat, we took in when he was about six months old. He
hung out with a pack of young raccoons and walked into the edge of our
yard to mooch a meal. I caught him in a pet trap baited with sardines,
took him to the vet for shots and a check for feline leukemia and
brought him home. If I open the back door to go outside, he runs in the
other direction. The only cat we have that does not do this is one we
inherited from a neighbor in Florida. He was kept as an indoor/outdoor
cat and will wander into the yard if we let him. We don't let him.

I haven't had a dog for many years. The last one I had went outside on a
leash or on an overhead run with a pulley and a lead attached to her collar.

Out here, there are always posters on telephone poles offering rewards
for pets, usually dogs, that have bolted, and there usually are dog
carcasses on the side of the road.

wrote:

[...]

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.- Hide quoted text -

Hey, I'll give it a shot but do you suppose now I and a couple others
here can make posts without being accused of being:
a faggot
unelpolyed
runs out on bills
boatless
living off kids backs
****ing my daughter in a tent
or is it only the "others" that get to talk about what interests us
here? Let me know cause I have been holding my power all summer with
the tales of my daughters quest for a pro racing licence, knowing it
would just turn into another puke fest for our two who seem to want to
talk about personal stuff now like boats and bands...

Just wondering?

wrote:

[...]

We've adopted four different cats over the past 20 years. None have ever bolted,
although one from Germany would sneak out the back door once in a while.
--

I hope your day is simply spectacular!

John H

wrote:

[...]

I don't know. Maybe, maybe not.

I *do* know that you can ignore them.

You keep saying you'll do so, but fall right back into the SOS.

Remember, one of those guys has done just as much or worse to me. It *is*
possible to ignore them. When was the last time you saw me post anything to jps,
slammer, nincdeplum, etc. They're simply not worth letting them disrupt your
serenity.

wrote:

That's an issue only because some of his fan base insists on quoting
him in their replies. The solution is to put the compulsive
repliers in the kill file also. Harold hates to be ignored of course,
so he changes his ID from time to time just to see if he can provoke
someone. My advice: let it all go.

I'd be happy to participate in a group effort to torment him in any manner that can be agreed upon.

My advice: let it all go.

He appears to be on a path to righteousness and I'm prepared to encourage and support that so long as he doesn't backslide.