Default Golf madness

Ok... I played golf yesterday afternoon... it's been ages, but I did ok
against three guys who play a lot. I scored 64 on the 9 holes and came in
third by 1 hit (he lost 3 balls in a small lake on one hole). My best first
shot was about 170 yards dead straight (with cheering from the guys) using a
#1, and I got 1 par on a par 3. Oh, and the clubs were borrowed.

Some kids had a toy sailboat on the pond, so this post is on-topic.

--
Nom=de=Plume

On 9/17/10 3:00 PM, nom=de=plume wrote:
Ok... I played golf yesterday afternoon... it's been ages, but I did ok
against three guys who play a lot. I scored 64 on the 9 holes and came
in third by 1 hit (he lost 3 balls in a small lake on one hole). My best
first shot was about 170 yards dead straight (with cheering from the
guys) using a #1, and I got 1 par on a par 3. Oh, and the clubs were
borrowed.

Some kids had a toy sailboat on the pond, so this post is on-topic.

I played a round of golf last week when I was out west. First time in
maybe 25-30 years. Actually, I went along to razz my buddies. The golf
was just as boring as I remembered.

#1, and I got 1 par on a par 3. Oh, and the clubs were borrowed.

Some kids had a toy sailboat on the pond, so this post is on-topic.

You came in third by one "shot." Hit, in golf, is a verb.

170 yards is pretty damned good and it was nice of whomever lost the 3
balls to help you into 3rd.

On 9/17/10 3:03 PM, Secular Humorist wrote:
On 9/17/10 3:00 PM, nom=de=plume wrote:
Ok... I played golf yesterday afternoon... it's been ages, but I did ok
against three guys who play a lot. I scored 64 on the 9 holes and came
in third by 1 hit (he lost 3 balls in a small lake on one hole). My best
first shot was about 170 yards dead straight (with cheering from the
guys) using a #1, and I got 1 par on a par 3. Oh, and the clubs were
borrowed.

Some kids had a toy sailboat on the pond, so this post is on-topic.

I played a round of golf last week when I was out west. First time in
maybe 25-30 years. Actually, I went along to razz my buddies. The golf
was just as boring as I remembered.

Harry,
Why don't you tell them the story you told me. Who would have guessed
you could shot 8 under par, will using left handed clubs. You are the
best story teller in the world.

--
Dr. Karen Grear
Harry's Landlord

On 9/17/10 5:46 PM, Dr. Karen Grear, MD, PhD, STD wrote:
[...]

PS - Don't try to get away with telling them that you did it
blind-folded, that really went way over the line.

--
Dr. Karen Grear
Harry's Landlord

#1, and I got 1 par on a par 3. Oh, and the clubs were borrowed.

Some kids had a toy sailboat on the pond, so this post is on-topic.

You came in third by one "shot." Hit, in golf, is a verb.

170 yards is pretty damned good and it was nice of whomever lost the 3
balls to help you into 3rd.

Ah... hit. ok

Yes, it was very nice. I didn't have to buy the drinks.

I was told after the _hit_ that even my follow-through looked good. Of
course, it still took me two more to get on the green, then two putts.

Secular Humorist wrote:
On 9/17/10 3:00 PM, nom=de=plume wrote:
Ok... I played golf yesterday afternoon... it's been ages, but I did ok
against three guys who play a lot. I scored 64 on the 9 holes and came
in third by 1 hit (he lost 3 balls in a small lake on one hole). My best
first shot was about 170 yards dead straight (with cheering from the
guys) using a #1, and I got 1 par on a par 3. Oh, and the clubs were
borrowed.

Some kids had a toy sailboat on the pond, so this post is on-topic.

I played a round of golf last week when I was out west. First time in
maybe 25-30 years. Actually, I went along to razz my buddies. The golf
was just as boring as I remembered.

Did you get a '1par on a par 3'? WTF is that anyway? She is too lazy
to learn the game.

"LG" wrote in message
Secular Humorist wrote:
On 9/17/10 3:00 PM, nom=de=plume wrote:
Ok... I played golf yesterday afternoon... it's been ages, but I did ok
against three guys who play a lot. I scored 64 on the 9 holes and came
in third by 1 hit (he lost 3 balls in a small lake on one hole). My best
first shot was about 170 yards dead straight (with cheering from the
guys) using a #1, and I got 1 par on a par 3. Oh, and the clubs were
borrowed.

Some kids had a toy sailboat on the pond, so this post is on-topic.

I played a round of golf last week when I was out west. First time in
maybe 25-30 years. Actually, I went along to razz my buddies. The golf
was just as boring as I remembered.

Did you get a '1par on a par 3'? WTF is that anyway? She is too lazy to
learn the game.

Wow... you're so dumb that you can't even quote someone accurately. Dumb is
as dumb does I guess.

#1, and I got 1 par on a par 3. Oh, and the clubs were borrowed.

Some kids had a toy sailboat on the pond, so this post is on-topic.

Golf is great if you throw away the score card, only remember your
good shots and enjoy the day out in a nice park that lets you drive a
cart and hit balls with a stick.
Take plenty of ammo and don't waste a lot of time chasing balls that
went into the woods. (think dollar store, $10 for 2 dozen)
Another tip. Tee up every shot. It makes you look like a pro when you
pop that ball up out of the sand with your driver and go 200 yards
from a fairway trap. Tiger can't do that. ;-)

If anyone complains just tell them to assess the proper number of
penalty strokes ... oops you don't have a score card.

Gotta keep score... that's what we do! (lawyers)

FYI, I didn't lose a single ball.

Reefer madness [email protected] Cruising 6 June 22nd 08 04:14 PM
The 'madness' approaches HK General 102 April 24th 08 01:03 AM
7 to 1? Madness! Ted General 1 June 22nd 07 07:52 PM
STOP the MADNESS Scott Vernon ASA 92 April 29th 04 12:30 AM