Default Should I Upgrade or Update My Engine?

On Aug 31, 7:56*pm, Larry wrote:
*e#c wrote:
On Aug 30, 8:38 pm, *wrote:

*e#c wrote:

On Aug 30, 8:29 pm, * *wrote:

*e#c wrote:

On Aug 30, 1:43 pm, * * *wrote:

On Aug 30, 1:28 pm, * * *wrote:

On Aug 30, 12:15 pm, * * *wrote:

On Aug 30, 12:00 pm, * * *wrote:

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 07:21:18 -0500, * * *wrote:

Best advice you got so far was to weigh the boat to see if the foam is
waterlogged.

I don't know if you remember Jim, but I found out that my Ranger bay
boat is about 870 lbs over published weight putting the whole rig
right on the edge of trailer capacity - 4,980 lbs for a 5,000 lb
trailer.

The foam isn't waterlogged. I called Ranger about it and they didn't
have an explanation either.

I got to thinking about it. *A gallon of water weighs 8 lbs. *To have
870 lbs of extra water weight, the boat would have to hold 109 gals of
water.

That's a lot of cubic feet of water to have in foam on a 20 foot boat.

How do you know the foam isn't waterlogged? *Is all the space between
your floor and the hull accessible? *Case it's not on most boats..

You're right on the money. The Foam Cores are almost always NOT
accessible. When I re-did the sub frames,and floors in my boat, it WAS
accessible. No water in there, luckily.- Hide quoted text -

Yep, when I redid my floor I removed the foam. *The foam was only
accessible with the floor removed.

The plywood in mine had separated already, so it was easy. The foam
cores were in the rear of the boat. Both sides, measuring 5 feet long,
by 2 feet square. covered with new ply, and fiber-glassed shut using
new matting.
Problem is, I haven't found a paint that will adhere to the glass
gelcoat... Ideas? I don't want carpet in the stern of the boat. When
fishing, it gets stained with Rainbow Trout blood...lol.
I could put down those 3m " no-slip " strips......

A real POS, eh?

It'll take rougher water than your ****box. " Loser Larry".

I thought I didn't have a boat, now I do. *Funny how that works, eh? *So
what kind of boat do I have?

You...were the one touting you had a boat. Must be a real dream
machine as well, since you're " afraid " to post a picture of your so-
called Boat...with you pictured in it.
Now, blow up that Dinghy, and show me up...... Loser Larry.

Money talks...

I've always thought you were a Whore, Larry......

Should I Upgrade or Update My Engine? Chris Reese General 63 September 1st 10 12:56 AM
Autohelm Upgrade Hawaiian Cruising 1 May 2nd 07 08:21 PM
Upgrade to this 26' Seaswirl?? Dene General 17 February 2nd 06 11:59 PM
Upgrade to this 26' Seaswirl?? Dene Cruising 8 February 2nd 06 11:59 PM
electronics upgrade q Mike General 1 August 22nd 03 06:01 AM